LOOOOONG loadtime

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

pezpen

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
LOOOOONG loadtime
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Direwolf20
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
The launcher runs fine but when i launch a modpack it takes like 10-15minutes to load and then the game it self is so sluggish that i cant use the menues or start a game.
i removed all ftb files and folders and registery entries but didnt work.
downloaded the vanilla game form minecraft.net and that worked fine. sooo how do i make it work without reinstalling my pc ?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
can you give some more details?
some things that might help are
java version, CPU,GPU, allocated RAM, RAM available.
If you can post a log to pastebin and give us the link then that might also help.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Every mod added also adds to the load time- massive load times are not uncommon with bigger packs.
Cutting out a few mods you don't want might knock a minute or two off but there isn't much you can do except grab a coffee or beer or something.
The initial FPS drop in game is caused by the world loading/initiating- it'll clear itself after a minute or so. [first world run takes even longer]
Though in SSP its noticeably faster if you don't have MC as the active window [the world loads paused- so it isn't running the world at the same time]- just watch the console log or youtube ect...
If you get continual FPS problems- try Fastcraft or Optifine, change to fast graphics/reduce the render distance/particles ect.
Fastcraft/Optifine get mixed results; some people get a better/stable FPS while others get graphical bugs and a worse FPS.​

se7enek

Jul 29, 2019
I got my thread as well, but still looking for help

@topic: i got the same problem.
When most of my friends launch minecraft to play, their minecraft loads for max 2-3 minutes, while i got info about "Texture Stitching" and myself need to wait like 15 minutes.

My random friend PC specs: Win7_64bit, 4gb ram, i5 4x2.5ghz...
MY SPECS: Win7_64bit, 32gb ram, i7 6x3,6ghz (yes, got sweet 4960X)...
We both have same FTB Launcher version, same ModPack, same Java Version (1.8.0_45 i guess)

And i cant solve that problem myself...