Casual Server Looking for small co-op/ Agrarian Skies 1.2.5

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

enarkay

Jul 29, 2019
I've been watching a number of LP videos on Agrarian Skies for quite some time now but just haven't had the chance to play it myself till now.

Although I am really familiar with the contents of and know-hows for the modpack up to a quite far point in quest progression, I would really like to start from the beginning than join other people in the middle of theirs.

Unfortunately, there seems to be no relatively newly started servers that I can find.

So if there's anyone else feeling like me and would like to start a little co-op(2-4 ppl would be optimum),

Please let me know-

I can either join you if you're just starting or fairly in the beginning of your quest progression, or host a server and start from scratch.

P.S: would like to add just a couple of mods (like computercraft and thaumic tinkerer - already tested everything out to find no crashes or problems) but that's totally adjustable if you're just up for the vanilla agrarian skies.

[extra information]

skype id: enarkay88

GMT+9:00 (I guess time adjusting and settlement would be possible but if you're running on similar time, that'd be just fantastic)

IF I get to host a server, I will be using a domain address so no hamachi, tunngle, etc. would be necessary at all. (although I have no problem using it if you'd like to for some reason)

Reactions: mvmpictures

enarkay

Jul 29, 2019
No more contacting for the server plz

Already overflooded by ppl

Thank you

나의 LG-F320S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

azid

Jul 29, 2019
I'd be interested in your integration of Computercraft, let me know if you'd be interested in exchanging on that topic. I imagine it'd be quite beneficial for a server environment having those advanced abilities to control your material generation?

enarkay

Jul 29, 2019
right, so we basically wanted computercraft for easier management - for things like essential auto refilling system for Thaumcraft, or our energy management & control.

we are trying to refrain from using turtles and mostly just the computer and the monitor, so that it might not end up turning into a rather cheaty map which would take all the fun away lol

I mean if you know the right codes, then computercraft is just insanely price-efficient compared to its relatively easy recipes. Unfortunately, I do not know how to tweak the crafting recipes like jaded did with the autonomous activators (that was like some evil move..) nor do I think I want to.

so what would your ideas be??

azid

Jul 29, 2019
as a prefix: i currently don't have cc on my world, so i'm completely theoretical here.
I was wondering to maybe either completly disabling turtles or make them ridiculessly expensive to be a late game item, while maintaining the cheap recipes on the computers to encourage the users to use these to controll their production lines. Besides the programs aren't trivial to most in any way.
The origin of my thought where some chunkloading issues i had with the mfr rednedcables which lead to a severe item spillage in the auto sieving setup i made.
Providing the users with the ability to automate (and easily disable) certain recuring tasks might in the longrun be beneficial to serverperformance as long as the users would share their thouroughly tested skripts with each other.

Your mentioning of jadeds darkside remembered me that zminetweaker is in the pack, so one should be abled to make the turtles require for example advanced chips from ae easily. or something...

Have you been able to monitor cc's impact on your serverload? faulty userscripts can be quite hard on the performance.

enarkay

Jul 29, 2019
right - haven't got to the part of utilizing cc yet but will tell you once I do so. I think we have some pretty experienced IT major guys in the team so hope they will help me out with a nicely coded system that won't be severe or heavy to the server