Looking for Modder to help with proj.

Hogtooth

Jul 29, 2019
I dont want to give to much away but i need the assistance of a really good modder with my project. If i can get help with this mod that i have in mind, Im sure it will be very popular due to the genra it will be set in.

I am clueless with modding to this point but i have a view and direction i want to go with the mod. Im not looking for someone to do all the work im looking for someone to give me assistance with it. I know it can be done im just not sure how to begin and some of the ideas i have in mind i would have to contact some other modders to get permission to use some of there ideas as well.

Hogtooth.

Hogtooth

Jul 29, 2019
Obviously you didnt read the whole post. I am going to do the programming, just have to learn it. Im a quick learner and when i put my mind to it i can get it done. I have talked with one modder who has a mod on FTB but will not name him untill its further down the road. I will get this done. When im asking for help its not to do the work for me its to assist with questions and possible somone to check my work.

But thank you Hydra for your opinion. Everyone has one.....

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Don't get me wrong, I'm just pointing out why you haven't got loads of replies in this topic. I'm a Java dev (professionally) and have 13 years of experience and even with that experience writing a MC mod is not something to underestimate. If you look at the MC modding forums people with mod ideas but not programming experience are a dime a dozen. So if you want to attrackt someone you really should get this "learning Java" out of the way first, make a small proof of concept with some screenshots, and then ask for help. You have a much higher chance that way that someone will help you.

Reactions: ShneekeyTheLost

dc0110

Jul 29, 2019
Sound advice Hydra, and good luck with your project Hogtooth, lets hope we see it come to fruition in the not to distant future

Hogtooth

Jul 29, 2019
I see your point and was already thinking on doing that. I am currently blazing through all the books i have at the moment. I will post something in the near future with screen shots and ideas. I dont want to go into depth about it cuase i want it to be well to be blunt not stolen. ill get back to you guys later with updates.