Long time player, first time introduction

Jardropper

Jul 29, 2019
Hello forums!

I've been playing MC for a while, since the early days of managing .jars, manifests and such to create a mod pack. I hadn't played MC before, but some friends got me into playing on a modded server together. Eventually, we also played on an early Tekkit server together. I eventually had a "mobile" BC quary travel kit, built a blaze duplication farm using IC2 and EE, and sorted things at the base using tubes that I can't remember the mod. All while generating tons of solar arrays in a desert to create UU-matter, to create solar arrays, ... and anything else I needed. Great times.

Since then I played sporadically over the releases. 1.6.4, 1.7 and currently tinkering in a 1.10.2 Unstable world. Other than my previously mentioned adventures, I think I had the most fun working through IE:E Expert (non-skyblock) until the world corrupted during a power storm. Sadly, the back-up was over a month old that I could salvage before I could even screen shot some of my favorite builds to date. Maybe I'll dig around for that lost world and at least snap a few memories for myself.

I've played normal worlds and few skyblock or challenge/HQM packs and had fun with them all. Lately I've been wanting to get into building instead of just automation, and felt uninspired in a skyblock setting. I like to break out my builds and create thematic buildings, such as a forestry house for tree and bee breeding, a smithy for the TC smelteries, etc. Not as great a builders as many, but can at least make something look not too terrible.

I am rather proficient in most current and some 'older' tech mods. I'm most familiar with Botania on the magic side of things, but enjoy trying to mix my play-throughs up on what I will and won't use. I even played as a peaceful magician/botania expert that couldn't kill passive mobs. Leather became scarce and it made it that much more an interesting challenge to overcome to suit my leather needs.

With all that rambling aside, from a long time lurker, well met. Looking forward to hanging out with everyone.

Cheers!

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Yes welcome to the forum. You sound a lot like me. I'm not into tinkering with the newest shinny. But, I do like the tech and some of the magic mods and have been getting better at building. So I prefer to take a long time in my worlds.

Reactions: Jardropper

Jardropper

Jul 29, 2019
Yes welcome to the forum. You sound a lot like me. I'm not into tinkering with the newest shinny. But, I do like the tech and some of the magic mods and have been getting better at building. So I prefer to take a long time in my worlds.

That's what was so great and sad about that lost Infinity world. So much time and love spent and lost. :(

H

hongcrazy

hi, welcome,

I am also a new member
nice to meet you