List of Mods to remove from FTB

Milso

Jul 29, 2019
From my experience harder mode recipies will chase a few away but will also help break the ice for others. Some will ask in chat how to do it and others will reply. The harder the game the more players will work together. First few days of a server its harder after that its way better

heavy1metal

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't heard anyone else say it.. mining lasers. You get somebody who goes ape shit crazy with "scatter" and all the entities can crash a server. That, and the mining laser will bypass any protection other than ic2 personal safes.

Invaders

Jul 29, 2019
Any and all explosives: Just to dangerous, people are dicks.
Letting players make ages: I have a mod (coded by me and the owner) on the server which disallows Users to make ages.
Anchors: Too dangerous if they aren't controlled; I have given 2 out to people who needed them to chunk load an area with machines
Mining Lasers: Scatter mode and focus mode are both huge grief tools.

Mercury

Jul 29, 2019
Any and all explosives: Just to dangerous, people are dicks.
Letting players make ages: I have a mod (coded by me and the owner) on the server which disallows Users to make ages.
Anchors: Too dangerous if they aren't controlled; I have given 2 out to people who needed them to chunk load an area with machines
Mining Lasers: Scatter mode and focus mode are both huge grief tools.
You can disable crafting mystcraft content in config.
Anchors can be fully disabled in /railcraft/modules.cfg --> chunk.loading=false

Keep in mind that quarries also keep chunks in memory. Note sure if any cure for that.

Strubinator

Jul 29, 2019
Dont people realize that gregtech can actually make crafting some things easier? You dont need diamonds for energy or lapatron crystals, you dont need energy crytals for mfe's and lasers, and you can get redstone and other materials from centrifuging stuff like glowstone and other stuff. That, and diamond macerators are disabled in FTB by default.

Invaders

Jul 29, 2019
You can disable crafting mystcraft content in config.
Anchors can be fully disabled in /railcraft/modules.cfg --> chunk.loading=false

Keep in mind that quarries also keep chunks in memory. Note sure if any cure for that.
I know both of the above, but I want to leave both enabled, not only to help build the plugin around it, but also to just say that I did.

heavy1metal

Jul 29, 2019
You can edit forge condig to change the behavior of chunk loaders (quarry, railcraft's). There are plugins that don't check the forge settings, but these two should.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Dont people realize that gregtech can actually make crafting some things easier? You dont need diamonds for energy or lapatron crystals, you dont need energy crytals for mfe's and lasers, and you can get redstone and other materials from centrifuging stuff like glowstone and other stuff. That, and diamond macerators are disabled in FTB by default.
And yet, all lower half of IC2 is useless because you can do same with, say, TE. So, if you have GregTech with default config in modpack, you have to remove a lot of other mods.

Also OP is probably think that FTB is modpack. No, it is not. FTB is a modpack launcher. It has no "mods" in it, it has "modpacks", so you can not remove mod from FTB.