[Linux] BLack Screen and Java Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saizyn

Jul 29, 2019
Here's the log file :

http://pastebin.com/UbNh2N0x

I've reverted to and from Java 6 and 7, although two days ago the Java 7 was running fine with no issues at all.
Removed every file pertaining to FTB, including the "hidden" /.FTBLauncher folder that is created the first time it's run. And yes, the launcher was/is in its own folder on my desktop.
Re-downloaded the launcher after previous removal, ran the .jar as I had done previously, re-downloaded the Ultimate pack and forced it to update (twice) just to be sure that wasn't the issue.. and the error message is the exact same, every time I do something different. I've run out of ideas. Anyone got something to try?

Saizyn

Jul 29, 2019
Did a bit of googling, and searching on the forums, and found an issue with the LWJGL library, so I removed everything minecraft related, from vanilla up.. and re-downloaded and installed it all. Then updated to the most recent LWJGL via the tut given on these forums. Which means my vanilla version is running 1.5.1 instead of 1.4.7 if that makes any difference.

However, this didn't fix anything. Vanilla runs great, no issues starting up or joining servers... but FTB goes black after it builds the environment and the error log is the same as I posted previously.

Saizyn

Jul 29, 2019
Tried Multi MC, and still get the exact same error as I posted previously. Even tried to roll back to previous versions of minecraft, to no effect. I managed to get the 1.5.1 version to load once, then when I attempted to load FTB, I got the same error.. and now I can't get the vanilla version to load through MultiMC. It's even arguing when I try to open it regularly. This is becoming quite a pain.

[EDIT]
I finally got Multi MC to work the issue out, sort of. I can now play any pack I download through the FTB Launcher, but only if I launch it with Multi MC. If I use the Launcher, then it just kicks out with the exact same error as before. I don't know what I've missed, but at the moment, I have a way to play, so it's not a huge deal.

If I figure anything out, or someone has other suggestions, I'll keep tabs on this topic and try whatever comes up, or post that the issue has been resolved, and how I resolved it.

BTW, Thanks for the help SandwichMaker. Much appreciated.

Saizyn

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh... to hell with Linux. Switched over to Windows 7 Pro. All problems resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.