Light-Weight Server-Wrapper

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

BlackLampone

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
I'm running a Root-Server with 1 FTB-Pack and 1 Vanilla Server on it. Until now I'm the only person how can Start/Stop/Modify the server via ssh-access.
To help me out a little bit I was using the "Minecraft Server Manager Script" (http://msmhq.com/), which works fine, but I wanted to give some Players the ability to Start/Stop the Minecraft-Server or even make Backup off it.

So my Question: Does someone know a Server-Script/Wrapper to give other people the ability to do those small things. I dont really care how they do it, if its a Web-Console or over SSH. The on limitation is that they shouldn't have any other abilities.

My Experience so far:
I tried a login with Restricted Bash, but thats not possible because my start-script only allows the root-user and 1 alternative to execute it.

Writing a simple Web-Interface, but I got stock with the Apache Setup, cant get php to be executed as the minecraft user.

I'm thankfull for any Feedback.

PS: Sry for the bad english.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I've heard good things about McMyAdmin. You may have to pay for the premium version though, depending on the amount of people on the server, and the number accounts being allowed on the console.

BlackLampone

Jul 29, 2019
I've heard good things about McMyAdmin. You may have to pay for the premium version though, depending on the amount of people on the server, and the number accounts being allowed on the console.

I have looked at MyMyAdmin and it looks pretty cool. But it got way more features then I really need and only limits me. But thanks a lot for the suggestion.

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
I have looked at MyMyAdmin and it looks pretty cool. But it got way more features then I really need and only limits me. But thanks a lot for the suggestion.
Haveing more features then you need does not limit you, I use McMyAdmin myself, it's main features are editing the server.properties, schedule manager, simple start stop restart button with a CPU and ram monitor. It's rather simple with the bare minimum if you ask me, however it is very lightweight. As are 90% of other wrappers, in general the you are lightweight.

Francis Baster

Jul 29, 2019
RemoteToolKit is my pick, it's a very light-weight server wrapper, but can also detect crashes quite well when paired up with its Bukkit heartbeat plugin. You can use it to give your admins access to remotely access the console over telnet, or disable telnet and just let them control it's restart / hold functions.