Solved Launcher won't start?

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Lightning_Zap

Jun 5, 2020
The FTB Launcher won't start completely for me. For some reason it just gets stuck on the startup message, and I can't get in until I start up the download file again to reset the application.

Lightning_Zap

Jun 5, 2020
Then when I do download it again to update the existing file, as soon as I close the launcher, it won't start up again, beginning the loop I have to go through.

Lightning_Zap

Jun 5, 2020
It's the new launcher. FTBA_windows-x64_1_0_8

Edit: Saw the recent update to 1.0.9 and downloaded that. Still have this issue.

Last edited:

prowarrior

Apr 10, 2020
If its installed on the C: drive delete the files and try installing it on the D: drive (That was the problem for me)

Lightning_Zap

Jun 5, 2020
Well, I figured out the issue myself. Apparently I was trying to use the application with the black atom Icon, instead of the FTB App itself.

Nosters72

Jun 15, 2020
Can I ask exactly how you do that? I’m having the same problem, I’m not great at the technical stuff and can’t work out how to launch the app without going through the little atom icon! Thank you in advance.

Lightning_Zap

Jun 5, 2020
Ah.. I went into the folder I installed the launcher on, and pinned FTB App Launcher to my start menu. I think the problem was that I went the lazy route and just pinned the window itself while it was open.

Nosters72

Jun 15, 2020
Thank you for the info. I’ve tried a few times but I get the feeling the problem runs a bit deeper, I’ll get to the bottom of it hopefully! Thank you again.