[launcher problem] Cannot launch any modpacks

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Draco FireBlaze

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
[launcher problem] Cannot launch any modpacks
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
all modpacks
Modpack Version:
n/a
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
I can't play FTB. When trying to launch ANY modpack (even ones I have not installed) nothing happens except the launcher spews out:

Unhandled exception in Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0,6,main]: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

Last things I did before this problem happened: I updated to launcher version 10407 and then installed the FTB Lite 3 pack. I managed to get ingame with that pack but the next time I tried to load the launcher this happened

System info:
-Java version: 1.8.0_25

Is there a way to roll back to version 1.4.6?

Saxguy99

Jul 29, 2019
Same happened here but what i did was make it so the sites the packes run from are allowed from my virus protection software

Mister2u

Jul 29, 2019
I get the same here. Using Infinity but when it was released I removed some mods and added a few others and it's been fine until today. The loader errors exactly as yours does.

FIXED (for me anyway)

Uninstall and reinstall Java, reboot, run FTB. Windows Firewall asks for confirmation to allow Java - Confirm.

Could be a Java/Windows Firewall conflict. Whether this is Java, or Windows, or FTB, unsure. I blame Microsoft anyway :)

Last edited:

ItsZukari99

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same problem, but when I allowed 'Java(TM) Platform SE binary' (this is minecraft or other launchers) Public it suddently worked.
So check if Java is allowed in the Firewall.

The error that I had when the launcher just started was this:
XML document structures must start and end within the same entity. Exception reading modpack file: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 22; columnNumber: 2012; XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.

And if I tried to launch a modpack it was this:
Unhandled exception in Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0,6,main]: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Should be fixed now. Backend repo was derping again. Reason for broken file and permanent fix: WIP