Kaspersky thinks it is a high risk "unknown" threat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokenar

Jul 29, 2019
After launching the launcher and having it start to boot up minecraft, it told me it was unable to with the current settings, then closed out, I tried to reopen it, but Kaspersky(an Anti-Virus) blocked it calling it a high risk unknown threat and intends to delete it on system restart. I know this isn't a virus but I don't understand why it thinks it is.

Pokenar

Jul 29, 2019
I guess I'l have to wait for that to be sorted out because I forgot my password for it.

ahref

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, Kaspersky is warning you because it hasn't seen the file before. Its been downloaded a lot but the virus scanner monkies haven't got hold of it yet. A 3'rd part LexManos(Sorry for spelling) authorized it as safe.

Some virus scanners might have a problem still because well the launcher downloads other files.

Its perfectly safe :D

Pokenar

Jul 29, 2019
I know it's safe, I would unblock it if I could remember my password for this thing.

Milchreis

Jul 29, 2019
you dont need your password. you just need to tell your installation of kaspersky that it is save. i made some screenshots since i have the german version.

edit:
if kaspersky delete the lancher right after downloading you need to turn of kaspersky, then download it and then add it to the save list.

Status
Not open for further replies.