Just Wondering if anyone wants to...

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
Hey guys & gals! I haven't posted here in quite a while, but I'm slowly returning to Minecraft again. I've just started a DW20 1.12 series over on YouTube, but I'm not here to advertise that.

I'm actually trying to see if there is anyone here who would be interested in co-recording a series with me. I have my eyes on 2 different modpacks right now:

The first is the pack called Not the Bees. I've been watching Nik & Isaac (GamingOnCaffeine) playthrough it, and it looks like it might be kinda fun.

The second modpack I'm considering is a pack called Undiscovered. I haven't watched anyone else play it, but it looks very well put together and non-grindy for an expert-mode, questing pack.

I'd also like opinions, if anyone has any, on what you'd like to see. I definitely want to do an LP series on it, possible a build journal here for these forums, and maybe even stream it via Twitch if there's enough interest. Reply here or PM me for details. I'm in the Eastern-US, Eastern Daylight Time, and generally would play in the evenings any night but Sunday (that's Walking Dead day!).

Thanks!

-- j

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
I'd love to be on a server with you (and possibly others). I'm not quite sure how well my computer can take recording my playing, but I'd at least try. Same time zone, though I'd probably be on quite a bit more often than just in the evenings.

Just gonna say, though, that I'd much prefer Undiscovered over the other pack. It's not that I hate bees, it's more that I can't stand them being 100% necessary, 100% of the pack.

Reactions: JaRyCu

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
I guess I worded my initial post incorrectly: You don't have to be able to do any recording at all. If you can, we'd obviously share the upload rights and whatnot, but if you can't record, that's cool as well. More of what I am looking for is someone who wants to get on, play along with me, explore the modpack(s), and doesn't mind if I make recordings of it for an LP. It'd help if that person is kinda funny (or if you can play the straight man and I'll be the funny one) OR if that person is very knowledgeable and can explain the more difficult things (P2P tunnels, channels, wiring TE energy calls in a way where they can act as a giant power bank, etc) that normally trip me up and I find hard to explain.

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
Ah, that I can do. I'm no DW20, but my modded Minecraft knowledge is still pretty extensive. What I can't do is design buildings and bases very well (I tend to live in caves and other hollowed-out areas, chests and machines scattered semi-randomly). If you want, I can pm you my discord info. My IGN is Mathwiz617.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Not a particular fan of bees, so the Not The Bees pack doesn't really seem like my kind of jam. Undiscovered sounds kind of interesting. Had fun doing that Blood Magic series with you, even if it had to end due to real life considerations. My schedule is currently less busy, so I should be able to match your schedule, and probably also do some recording for my channel on the side.

I'm very familiar with AE2 and channels and such, so I can quite easily go over how the mods work if we run into one you haven't used before. I think you've still got me on Discord if you want to hammer out the details.

sadris

Jul 29, 2019
I'd love to do Not The Bees with you if you haven't already found someone! Been a huge fan of them ever since SirSengir originally made the mod.

Though Undiscovered sounds really cool too!

Last edited: