Just my thoughs on FTB...

Status
Not open for further replies.

herbycanopy

Jul 29, 2019
1) make a new updated post talking about the progress (or lack of) in the laucher news. In 5 days it would have been a month since the last news on this topic even though it only takes you 5 minutes to make a post.

The news in the FTB IRC channel is that you will not be making updates in the summer, if this is true then we will not have new packs for 1.5.x or 1.6.x.

2) We need a pack that is made with creative servers in mind...with all 3 of the Better World mods.

3) We need to add Ugocraft and Sim-U-Kraft to the Ultimate pack.

Darth Sith

Jul 29, 2019
The Better World creator doesn't want anyone using his mod in a pack currently. However I'm working on a Modpack made for Creative servers in mind because of a request and I thought of the same thing. For now use TheVoxelModPack as it is a building modpack and works on other servers If that server has the Voxel plugins installed.
1) make a new updated post talking about the progress (or lack of) in the laucher news. In 5 days it would have been a month since the last news on this topic even though it only takes you 5 minutes to make a post.

The news in the FTB IRC channel is that you will not be making updates in the summer, if this is true then we will not have new packs for 1.5.x or 1.6.x.

2) We need a pack that is made with creative servers in mind...with all 3 of the Better World mods.

[DOUBLEPOST=1373685451]

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019

1) We have threads for this, updates get posted on there instead of making a whole new thread unnecessarily: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/launcher-v2-update.22386/ and http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/mod-pack-update.20448/ Also, unv_annihilator streams his development of the launcher sometimes.
2) I don't do creative much, so I'll leave that one to people who know more than me about it.
3) We really don't NEED to do anything. Besides me nit-picking, I've heard that Ugocraft has compatibility problems with other mods in general. Having just looked up Sim-U-Kraft, it seems more like an RPG mod, not really fitting with the overall theme of most of the FTB packs. Correct me if I'm wrong, that's what I gathered from a minute of reading.

No one in the IRC who said that was official, I was there. Packs are being worked on, not to mention released. The launcher is getting active development, as I say, unv_annihilator is streaming development on occasion.
With updating Ultimate: I believe (and don't quote me) that they've released new 1.5.2 packs and left Ultimate at 1.4.7 because of mods being outdated. Once those mods update, the pack likely will as well (Again, I may well be wrong about this, it's just what I've heard).

Darth Sith

Jul 29, 2019
Can you give me a link to where he streams it at
1) We have threads for this, updates get posted on there instead of making a whole new thread unnecessarily: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/launcher-v2-update.22386/ and http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/mod-pack-update.20448/ Also, unv_annihilator streams his development of the launcher sometimes.
2) I don't do creative much, so I'll leave that one to people who know more than me about it.
3) We really don't NEED to do anything. Besides me nit-picking, I've heard that Ugocraft has compatibility problems with other mods in general. Having just looked up Sim-U-Kraft, it seems more like an RPG mod, not really fitting with the overall theme of most of the FTB packs. Correct me if I'm wrong, that's what I gathered from a minute of reading.

No one in the IRC who said that was official, I was there. Packs are being worked on, not to mention released. The launcher is getting active development, as I say, unv_annihilator is streaming development on occasion.
With updating Ultimate: I believe (and don't quote me) that they've released new 1.5.2 packs and left Ultimate at 1.4.7 because of mods being outdated. Once those mods update, the pack likely will as well (Again, I may well be wrong about this, it's just what I've hea

herbycanopy

Jul 29, 2019

With updating Ultimate: I believe (and don't quote me) that they've released new 1.5.2 packs and left Ultimate at 1.4.7 because of mods being outdated. Once those mods update, the pack likely will as well (Again, I may well be wrong about this, it's just what I've heard).

1) And that information is even more out of date then the news in the laucher...try again.
2) point taken...though even if Better World mod can not be installed we can still make a public private pack with it...I think if I understand what the public private pack.
3) I understand that "we" do not NEED to do anything...first could you be anymore rude? I was putting my 2 cents in like "you all" (being the point of this forum) and you attack me when I talk about "you" adding mods.
3b) Ugocraft I been playing with over 100 mods and have never found a error that made the game crash or that made other mods void. I can not believe a "Staff member" is telling me that FTB does not do RPG mods...even though there is nothing about Sim-U-Kraft has nothing to do with the definition of an RPG (well...no more then IC2, Thaumcraft, or Player API does.)

Darth Sith

Jul 29, 2019
Still need permission private or not. It did seem like he was attacking you I think it's because of "New Member" under your name even though you been here since Jan 29th.
2) point taken...though even if Better World mod can not be installed we can still make a public private pack with it...I think if I understand what the public private pack.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
1) And that information is even more out of date then the news in the laucher...try again.
3) I understand that "we" do not NEED to do anything...first could you be anymore rude? I was putting my 2 cents in like "you all" (being the point of this forum) and you attack me when I talk about "you" adding mods.
3b) Ugocraft I been playing with over 100 mods and have never found a error that made the game crash or that made other mods void. I can not believe a "Staff member" is telling me that FTB does not do RPG mods...even though there is nothing about Sim-U-Kraft has nothing to do with the definition of an RPG (well...no more then IC2, Thaumcraft, or Player API does.)

1) Read the comments, Wyld is posting regular updates as to his progress on the packs (Yes, I know there are huge amounts of comments, don't worry about that. Reading the latest three or four pages usually gives you an idea of how everything's going).
2) I don't think there's anything more to say here.
3) That was meant to be a joke, and I added, "Besides me nit-picking" to try and emphasise that. Clearly I didn't make that obvious enough, and I apologise for that.
3b) I'm only repeating things I've heard, that it has compatibility problems with Forge. Maybe those were fixed, maybe they weren't. I'm currently having trouble running any version of Minecraft (including modded) properly, so I can't really check on that.
Reading the first couple of sentences on the wikipedia page for RPG. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_game, it seems like it does fall under that category. You seem to assume the role of a villager yourself and hire other villagers, as well as earn an income. Thus, playing the role of a villager.

I'd like to apologise for any rudeness you feel I've caused, as it was quite early in the morning for me when I made that post and I didn't read it over properly. Anything you think I said rudely, it was unintentional. I'm very accepting of new members and am always happy to see the community grow.

Unv_annihilator: http://www.twitch.tv/unv_annihilator

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
But to be honest. Saying that we NEED a mod is just eh kinda stupid. It's more like something you like and you would like to have in the pack ...

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Not going to lie, it actually is rather difficult to maintain regular updates for the public. I tried doing it for the help desk for a while, but then it became something worth less than the effort it took to write the update, so I stopped.
It may seem simple, until you're the one doing it.
As for points 2&3, Launcher feedback is NOT the place to be requesting it, and you can add them yourself if you really *need* them.

Status
Not open for further replies.