Java stops working when launching modpack

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

matto_felice

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
(all but regrowth)
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Anytime I try to launch a modback (normal or 3rd party) I will get half way through (or so) and my Java will just stop working. It has down it with every modpack I try except Regrowth The log is from me trying to launch FTB Infinity 1.7 (v1.7.0). My java is up to date it's 64-bit idk why it works for regrowth but nothing else I try

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
(all but regrowth)
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Anytime I try to launch a modback (normal or 3rd party) I will get half way through (or so) and my Java will just stop working. It has down it with every modpack I try except Regrowth The log is from me trying to launch FTB Infinity 1.7 (v1.7.0). My java is up to date it's 64-bit idk why it works for regrowth but nothing else I try
How much ram do you have? Also delete your javas and reinstall them 32 and 64 bit :) let us know if that fixes it?

matto_felice

Jul 29, 2019
How much ram do you have? Also delete your javas and reinstall them 32 and 64 bit :) let us know if that fixes it?
I have 4 gig ( I set the launch to use 3 because I didn't know what a good spot to put it was and that used to seem to work.)

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
I have 4 gig ( I set the launch to use 3 because I didn't know what a good spot to put it was and that used to seem to work.)
Well that is the problem my friend! Just use 2GB of ram and that lefts 2Gb of ram for windows :) That should fix it
See windows uses 2Gb of ram itself so if you some how spike past 4Gb you will have a MC crash :) Let me know if that fixes it

matto_felice

Jul 29, 2019
lowering the java slider to 2 gig didn't help ether (I have the 64-bit and 32-bit java on my computer right now)

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
lowering the java slider to 2 gig didn't help ether (I have the 64-bit and 32-bit java on my computer right now)
Try 1.5Gb see if that helps :)
Also do you have integrated graphics or a graphics card? Either way update your graphics please what are your pc specs?

matto_felice

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think it is that I am running out of ram because I was watching it that time and my ram use only went up to 3.15

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think it is that I am running out of ram because I was watching it that time and my ram use only went up to 3.15
Well if you are on windows 7 it uses 1.75 to 2GB at all times. So adding the extra 2GB can cause the crash anyways what about the graphics card and PC specs?

matto_felice

Jul 29, 2019
I am on vista :-(
graphic card is Mobile Intel(R) 4 series Express Chipset Family
64-bit operating system
4 gigs of ram
prcessor is Intel(R) Core)TM)2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00 GHz 2.00 GHz

matto_felice

Jul 29, 2019
well thanks for trying to help (I hate vista also I am only using it because that is what is on here and I can't afford to buy anything better)

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
well thanks for trying to help (I hate vista also I am only using it because that is what is on here and I can't afford to buy anything better)
I totally understand, there is ways around getting a different OS but I will not speak about that on the forums lol ;)