Java Server Monitor

s_m_w

Jul 29, 2019
Well hello there,

I'm currently playing around with the idea of having a java program which starts, restarts and monitors a FTB server. In theory, it should be possible to use stdin of the FTB process to see if the server is frozen or not, but since freezes (and crashes in general) are hard to reproduce, I'm looking for some info:

Are there any error messages that appear to coincide with a server freeze?
Are there any situations where the console responds, but players are unable to connect regardless?

I can upload the source I've got so far if anyone is interested, but it's neither well-written, nor much more useful than a normal startup script

Eremite

Jul 29, 2019
I wish I knew more Java to be able to help, but source would be welcome. I was working on something similar in bash that I have posted here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/script-linux-auto-start-ftb-server-on-crash-automatic-backups.3594/

It's not working so far though. :/ I need a way to see if it's frozen as right now it will only restart if it's not running at all. I was trying to find a way to mimic making a connection to see if it's able, but the stuff I've tried so far can't tell the difference between a frozen and a live server.

s_m_w

Jul 29, 2019
I wasn't able to test if my method works at all since I can't seem to find a way to force a server to freeze