JaRyCu's Adventures In 1.13

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
Long time no see Showcase viewers! Since I last posted an adventure here in the forums, I've had many adventures outside of the world of Minecraft. I've survived the zombie apocalypse in 7 Days To Die, started my own webcam business through Huniecam, my own video game company with GameDev Tycoon, traveled the stars in Destiny 2, racked up hundreds of deaths in Fortnite, and even spent a harrowing 12 minutes in Factorio before quickly closing it out.

Minecraft's Aquatic Update drew me back into the fold this week. Honestly, Etho got me with the feels a few weeks ago when he started rapid-posting PO2 Kappa Mode videos. I started up a new PO2K world and then realized I hated it, so I stopped. :eek: It was too late, though, because the MC Bug had bitten me. I tried some DW20, but Mumbo Jumbo hit me with his final Hermitcraft Season V video where he toured the entire server.

So I updated my client the other day and started a new world when 1.13 was officially released, and I'm absolutely loving the new update. I figured I'd document my world as I build it to see if it'll help hold my interest. I'm not doing YouTube videos anymore, at least for now, so this is the only way I'm really sharing out my world. This first post will hold the table of contents, like always, so if the comments pick up new viewers can find each update post.

Journal Entry 1 - A New World
Journal Entry 2 - Let's Go Fishing!

Last edited:
Reactions: MCAdventureCity

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
Journal Entry 1 - A New World

F9j9d8B.png

kjWnyRS.png

H1L5SFF.png

As I came to and my eyes focused, I realized my body had been transported to yet another new world. This time I had none of the high tech things in my pockets - no guidebooks, no inventory scanners, nothing but a very simplistic recipe book. This is not good...I must be in a medieval world or something that hasn't progressed to the tech I'm accustomed to yet. Well, at least I woke up near the beach. It looks like I have easy access to desert, swamp, and savannah materials. Let's see what we can do.

When I saw the sea turtles on the beach, all of the fish, and the dolphins jumping and playing in the surf, I knew I was home. This is where I shall start my adventures in this world!

3IeAZHe.png

XZWJZmT.png

First thing's first: I gotta see what these turtles are all about. It looks like I had a mated pair on my shoreline (or am I on their shoreline?) I fed them some of the plants growing in the water, and they slowly stared longingly into each others eyes. After about 30 seconds (shut up ladies!!) she scurried away and an egg popped out! I couldn't pick it up or move it, so I was forced to leave it there.

4KDxTRw.png

It's mining -- I didn't take a lot of pictures. :cool:

I went mining. I've documented this process in other journals before, so I won't bore you with the details. When I came back after about a day underground, the turtle eggs was gone and only the mother remained. I couldn't even find the papa. My only guess is that zombies got to them, but I have no proof either way. Once I get more materials, I'll build a proper shelter and see if I can domesticate turtles for my own uses.

The rest of my first few days was spent doing the basics. I knew that I'd need food, somewhere to live, somewhere to house livestock, and also to have somewhere to store everything I'd be making and collecting.

7YQSTV5.png

First I had to terraform my new land and plant a garden. 7 rows of wheat, 1 row of carrots, and 1 row of potatoes. You can also see my temp storage to the right in this picture.

JTjyvbd.png

Then I needed a way to easily traverse up and down the hill. I'm 40 and my knees are way too old to jump up and down all day every day, so steps are mandatory. I filled in the area up there and made a small flat area to use as a tree farm.

After that I built a house.

7MaRHXt.png

ZfB3wsl.png

RREpOJz.png

z7D4oU8.png

KmsTVzE.png

If you look kinda hard in the last image, just where the sand and the dirt meet in the mountain, you can see where I buried a nether portal. After watching something that Scar did today in his Hermicraft VI video, I have a new inspiration for my nether portal, so it'll be moving, but for now it works just inside the hill. I also plan to full furnish and decorate the inside of the house and add a second floor veranda to it, but I got lost exploring and it took me 3 days to get back to my base.

In other notes, I raided a couple of sunken ships and managed to loot a fishing pole with the Mending enchant on it, so now I can fish forever. I'm waiting on Xisuma to upload his 1.13 auto-fishery thing to YouTube so I can see how to build one, and then I can get all the lootz!!

The house I built was loosely inspired by WelsKnight's HC S6E1 video and his starter house, except his turned out way better than mine. All I had to work with at first was acacia, so... yeah. I now have spruce and oak, and I'm getting birch in the next day or two, so the palette will open up. I also want to try the new concrete and concrete powders that I never used in 1.12 and really pop some color into my world.

If anyone out there reading this has some suggestions on things to try, I'm all ears and I'll try it tomorrow. I plan on playing for a couple of hours each day to see what I can make this world into, and hopefully to really develop my building skills.

As always, here's the link to all of the images for this post, including all of the ones I didn't link in the spoiler tags: https://imgur.com/a/rUmM1oW

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
Journal Entry 2 - Let's Go Fishing

After completing my home, and then coming back to the realization that I have no electronics, I decided I needed to find some way to relax and entertain myself. I went ahead and spent some time adding a balcony off of the second floor, and it came out fairly nice.

atQ8wAm.png

sEW8asS.png

Since my house is right on the inlet, I knew I wanted to take up fishing as a hobby. Since I have the cool chairs up on my balcony, I decided to try and fish right off of it.

D2inisW.png

It actually worked, but it was a pain hoisting in those giant fish across the beach and sand and then up 20 feet to my porch. I mean, I'm catching marlins and sharks and whales and stuff. Have you ever tried to haul a 200 lb marlin onto a balcony? It just doesn't work, and I was scared I was going to break the balcony, so I knew I needed to build a dock and fishing house.

So I did.

XlrH7OG.png

This is before I built. The next few pictures are the finished product!

pxp9sg7.png

XsSsMEX.png

Cs4bQ46.png

HVdPlxf.png

No2j5BX.png

Now that the dock was built, I decided it needed crates, so I used some of my spruce and made crates. I also made a hidden work station, a hidden BBQ furnace, and even a trash chute (the acacia cube) so that I could throw the trash back into the ocean for the dolphins to play with.

njqtKQ7.png

WEHbwEa.png

o2vNGG6.png

So now I have a dock. I'll add places to tie up my boats later. Obviously this dock isn't for large ships, but I have to build a ship factory before I can build ships, so that's a ways down the road. I need to gather a lot more resources first. I think the next project I'll undertake will be making a real mine entrance. Currently I just hope down a hole in the beach that I found when I moved in here. It's not very pretty; in fact, it's kinda scary, so it's time I fixed that. Check back in a few days and I'll show you how it turned out.

Link to this entry's full album: https://imgur.com/a/UMKfsTs