Open It's raining heads.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Summary of the problem It's raining heads.

Pack Version 1.0.0

What is the bug? I currently have a mob farm set up both in my survival and creative world, using cursed earth from Extra Utilities 2 for spawning, vector plates from Dark Utilities for moving, mob grinder from Draconic Evolution for killing and Vacuum Chest and XP Vacuum from Ender IO to pick up the items and experience.

for some reason this causes mob heads to rain from the sky, literally, in both my worlds.

the farm is a 15x15 area with a 3x3 chamber where the mobs are transported to for killing. the last few vector plates outside this 3x3 chamber are extreme vector plates to make sure the mobs can't leave the chamber.

for some reason with this setup, the heads from the mobs seem to be dropping from the sky, and are somehow glitched so when they fall from the sky, they get stuck at a certain height but keep falling.

to actually pick the heads up I need a magnet and I need to fly upwards into the sky to their glitched points. now it's not a problem if it happens once in a while, but it constantly keeps happening.

I'm guessing that somehow the heads fall onto vector plates and glitched and shot up straight into the sky (through blocks actually, because in my survival world, the farm is underground)

but I'm not completely sure what the issue is, but it'd be nice if it could be fixed.

Mod & Version EnderIO-1.10.2-3.0.1.126_beta, extrautils2-1.10.2-alpha-1.2.2, DarkUtilities-1.10.2-1.1.5.96 & Draconic-Evolution-1.10.2-2.0.3.137-universal

Link to log file

Is it repeatable? Yes.

Known Fix N/A.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to have fixed this problem by placing down a ranged collector from Actually Additions near the mob farm.
what I'm guessing is that the vacuum chest tried pulling items towards it, and some items land on the vector plates and glitch out, but by placing down a ranged collector, that instantly picks up any items within it's range, these items no longer linged around for them to be glitched by the vector plates.

I guess the best way to have this problem fixed is by not having the vector plates move items and only have them move monsters or animals.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
not meaning to necro topic but have a question. were you doing bees whatsoever in the chunk where the mob heads were spawning?

I'm having the same issue and talked to someone else who had issue previously, like a year ago and only thing in common was we were both doing bees in the chunk this was happening.

edit: not playing this pack, is completely different pack (beyond reality)