It's nice to be here! Good beginner modpack?

F

froszthamr

Hey guys! =) I'm froszthamr. My real name's Sean if you prefer that. My purposes for writing this are two-fold. First I wanted to introduce myself, as I'm a complete noob when it comes to FTB, although I've been playing vanilla for a few years. I hope that eventually I can give back to this community, but first I've gotta learn a bit about a modpack or two, I take it.

And that brings me to my second purpose for this post. I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to tell me if there is a modpack that is good for complete beginners? I've read on other sites that FTB is the most straight-forward, or at least one of the best, for beginners? Idk if that's true or not, but it does look like the best, so I decided I'd use it.

But I've had no luck in my search for the right modpack. I have no idea where to start. I'm going to continue looking through the forums, wiki, etc. But in the meantime, if anyone has a pointer to a specific modpack or any other tips, it would be much appreciated. I apologize if this isn't the right place to ask.

TIA, and I look forward to meeting some cool people! =)

Yours most sincerely,
Sean (froszthamr - with a lower-case 'f')

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Welcome to the forums Sean! I'm afraid I don't know of one that specifically caters to beginners, but a quest pack might be a good idea - they usually run you through the basics as you go through the quests.
If not that, Infinity might be your best bet, as you can tinker with all sorts of mods to your heart's content, perhaps following a Let's Play from someone doing the pack in order to learn more.

Reactions: froszthamr

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Hello Sean! Welcome to the forums! As the_j has said HQM Modpacks can be good as there are some tutorial ones(Simply Magic for 1.7.10 comes in my head), Infinity can also be a good one but you should stay in normal mode.

Reactions: froszthamr
F

froszthamr

Thank you SO much guys for the excellent tips and prompt reply! I really appreciate it. I can't wait to get started lol. I'm so sick of plain old vanilla, but was a little intimidated by all the choices available, so I'm happy to take the advice of actual veteran users—it's wise to listen to the wise hehe—and check out the HQM packs. Thanks again, and thanks for the welcome! :D