Is it possible to get Intra-Linking, and Following on the same book?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Intra-Linking I've used all the time, but I've seen DW use the Following one on one of his books, but no idea how he got it. Just looking for a quick way back to my base when I am out in BFE, legit or otherwise, lol.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
A weaksauce solution for weaksauce people. Real MEN have a binder of Intralinking Following books to get them to and from their homes.

I just use Enhanced Portals everywhere.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
You can only get the intra-linking linking page from villagers, and I don't think you can modify a page like that.
So nope. Linking linking.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Intra-Linking I've used all the time, but I've seen DW use the Following one on one of his books, but no idea how he got it. Just looking for a quick way back to my base when I am out in BFE, legit or otherwise, lol.
He's got access to the modifier block that's usually turned off in the configs. It's the tan block with cyan runes around the middle of it.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
You can only get the intra-linking linking page from villagers, and I don't think you can modify a page like that.
So nope. Linking linking.

The intra-linking page can be gotten without that. It's the following page I am wondering about.

He's got access to the modifier block that's usually turned off in the configs. It's the tan block with cyan runes around the middle of it.

I see the block in game, and I can spawn it in creatively. But I don't know how to use this block. Using it with different books doesn't seem to do anything. Also, I don't see it in the config, less I am overlooking it?

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
I see the block in game, and I can spawn it in creatively. But I don't know how to use this block. Using it with different books doesn't seem to do anything. Also, I don't see it in the config, less I am overlooking it?

Its called Link Modifier. With that block you can make Following and Intra-Linking on a book. You can also change the book to use/not use platform. On my server the admin spawns a Link Modifier for us to use. Its very handy when you have a book in inventory and need to come home and the book is following :)

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
The intra-linking page can be gotten without that. It's the following page I am wondering about.
Exactly, intra-linking is easy to get -- but following, as far as I know, can only be obtained by trading with villagers. In one of his somewhat recent videos, Direwolf bought some linking pages with the following trait for 16 emeralds or so.
As for the link modifier, didn't it get removed in 1.6?

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
intra-linking naw you can get that buy filling you ink well mixer then click on the giant black spot with some pulverized gold. then when the giant spot id greaan grab your page. boom intra-linking.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
How do I make one is what I'm wanting to know ;)
With this mod.
Now, as for the finders fee, that'll be 2 undecillion buckets of young mead from GrowthCraft. Upon obtaining the mead, a dead drop location will be given to you. Deliver the mead there, and we'll all be happy.