Open Inventory lighting bug

F

flaashing

Summary of the problem Inventory lighting bug

Pack Version 1.1.0

What is the bug? When searching for an item (i.e the search bar is yellow and items get greyed out) the greying doest apply to item icon but rather only to the amount text and the background.

This picture should illustrate it
http://imgur.com/a/CrlmB

Mod & Version Minecraft version 1.10.2
Forge:-12-18-3-2297
pack version 1.8.1 (?)

inventory mods:
inventory tweaks: 1.61-58-a1fd884
not enough items: 2.1.3.220
just enough items: 3.14.7.419

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/6848d211

Is it repeatable? In any inventory with items, search for an item while having turned on the spotlight (greying out unrelated items). Item's will appear badly greyed out.

Known Fix

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
Classic nei feature. See that the search bar is highlighted in gold? That means it is in search mode, and will highlight items in inventories matching said string. Just double click inside the search bar to turn it off.

EDIT: Didn't read post properly, If I'm not mistaken that is how search mode works. Can't figure out what the issue you are having is.

Last edited:
Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
F

flaashing

Thanks for your reply,
I'm aware of the search bar function, look at this picture from another modpack and compare with the first picture.
http://imgur.com/a/CrlmB
The lighting in the first picture is weird, when highlighting items, it makes it useless, and i want to use that function.
It looks like a bug to me. thats why i posted here, but it could well be a feature?

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still having trouble seeing a difference. To me, the two look practically the same. Could you specify a specific slot location to look at for each?

F

flaashing

You don't see a difference ? hm..
The first image shows that I'm searching for bricks in my inventory. The bricks are highlighted as expected. But the other items in the inventory, not matching search criteria, is not greyed out. As you can see in first picture the items have grey backgrounds, but the item icons themselves are still highlighted. Which makes it incredibly hard to find the right item.

In the second image you can see that the items that were searched for are highlighted, and those that don't match are greyed out.

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
I can kinda see what you mean now, but I don't think it's much of an issue. What matters is the selected items are not grey, which it still does.

F

flaashing

I added another picture to imgur, where i compare the two pictures.
Well i can't see the items that are not grey, because the other items look normal.
If it doesn't look like a bug to anyone, i would then request assistance on how to make the highlighting work like in the second picture.

B

BrianReckliss

I have been experiencing this issue as well. I have not found any solution to fixing the problem, though. I tried experimenting with and without resource packs enabled. Thought that it may have had something to do with the texture pack, but even without them enable, the issue still occurs. I notice that it primarily happens if the numbers overlap the item image. Depending on the assortment of items in the inventory, this can make it pretty hard to differentiate the highlighted cells (IE if you have a bunch of white or light grey items).