Intro, and the map/mod pack that never was.

Freedbot

Jul 29, 2019
*click, bzzzz, whrrrr* systems online

I am the Freedbot. I played Minecraft for about three days back before the nether was added, then invariably I decided it was too boring and forgot about it for years. Then I stumbled across Yogscast's and Direwolf20's videos. I played a few mod packs here and there and learned the mods. Occasionally I threw together some mods on my own but didn't really put any effort into it, mostly I just added and removed a couple mods from existing packs. I then tried out the technic group of packs. This quickly cemented in my mind a policy of NEVER using a mod pack ever again. I knew I could do a better job with the configuration myself. I started playing Minecraft with a couple friends on a more regular basis using my own private pack of mods and hosting the server myself on my Linux box. It was all fun and games until inevitably the mod complexity and purely coop style of play on normal random maps (we never had enough people on at once to come up with any really good competitive play) lead to their A.D.D. kicking in and quitting Minecraft. :'(

Then I made a brief exception to the no mod pack rule and tried out the second iteration of the FTB map. The one that ACTUALLY had two competitive teams. I had a blast. I determined to make my own map to make it compatible with my own setup, tweak the start, and generally purdify the map. Around the stage I had the layout and decor all placed and the tubes and chests setup and had JUST started the wiring... The next version came out, with it's own style and a MASSIVELY rehashed challenge/reward setup for extra challenge. I watched a "let's play" and decided not to play it due to my friends lack of interest, the fact that there was never a competitive version, all the creeper explosion breakage that it suffered from, and mostly because I confess I don't like working with bees. :mad:

I saw that the new version utilized much more wireless redstone than I had planned on using in my circuitry so I adopted that idea into my creation. Other than inspiration from their basic gameplay method and the sky island map I made my map entirely on my own, my own circuitry system, entirely designed and built from scratch by me.

However, here is the problem. It's a Feed the Beast map to it's core, it's inspired, designed, and thoroughly labeled and themed in bold letters "FEED THE BEAST". Due to this fact and the fact that my mod pack uses several mods that aren't freely redistributable, I can't post it! It's been sitting on my server for months COMPLETELY unused except for play-testing!

So that's why I'm here. I want to submit this map to Slowpoke and the team. They can use any and all of it however they like and I'll just be happy that a couple of my ideas might get used. Ideally, I'd like the privilege to post it here and possibly on Minecraftforum. I'd also have to post my mod pack with as many mods as I can get permission to post, and for any I don't get permission I'll simply use the Direwolf method and leave the config files ONLY for other mods in it.

I know the rules and stipulations for these privileges of course. All links and proper credit given. No monitization whatsoever. As a courtesy even authors granting implied consent to redistribute will be appropriately contacted and linked.

I reiterate: I would be perfectly fine with the FTB team taking the map and pack, and changing and reposting it as their own. That would actually save me a lot of trouble as they already have quite a few permissions for distribution. I work a full time job now and can't say how for sure how long it would take to sort all that out, but I can say this. The map and pack are done, packaged, and working fully on minecraft 1.2.5.

This introduction turned into more of a life story than anything, but there you have it. Thank you for TLDR'ing my massive wall of text, and in conclusion: HAI GUUUUUYS!!!!!BLARGAFUSS!!!!1111ONE[DOUBLEPOST=1355988491][/DOUBLEPOST]If anyone shows any interest I'll post some pics and info in this post... Thanks.

Munaus

Jul 29, 2019
*Attempts to read huge wall of text*
"I am the Freedbot. I played MineczzzZZZzzzzZZ.... zzzZZZZzzzzZZzzzzZzzzz....

Welcome to FTB, where the development takes a long time 'cuz people make too huge posts, hence all the dev. team falls asleep :p

Reactions: QueWhat