[Infinity 1.5+] Integrated Minecraft Server refuses to Initiate

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

xEden

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
[Infinity 1.5+] Integrated Minecraft Server refuses to Initiate
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
FTB Infinity
Modpack Version:
1.5+
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
If compared with a successful startup log (provided by a friend), it appears that the Integrated Minecraft Server begins to start at the end of the Sound System initiation. However, this does not occur when I attempt to launch FTB Infinity. As a result, I am unable to start this modpack.

On further inspection, it appears that any modpack with Forge beyond 10.13.3 (aka the new loading screen) will not load. It appears downgrading to a modpack with a Forge version of 10.13.2 or older results in a successful boot. I would usually have no issue with this, but as more and more packs are updating to the latest forge, I'm losing more and more updates.

I've already attempted to switch between both Java 7 and Java 8, and a fresh (including the deletion of the local appdata and roaming appdata information) install, but to no avail.

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
create or open config/splash.properties and add line "enabled=false" (without quotes). That might fix things or not.

xEden

Jul 29, 2019
Where specifically should this file be located? I attempted in the following locations, but none of these locations worked, so I'm just going to assume I'm placing the file/folder in the wrong location.

Assume that the working directory (./) contains the launcher.exe/launcher.jar:
  • ./splash.properties
  • ./config/splash.properties
  • ./FTBInfinity/minecraft/config/splash.properties
  • ./FTBInfinity/minecraft/splash.properties
However, it should be noted that at one point, there was a random success to getting to the Title screen, but it crashed immediately after with no error log -- it acted as if I had closed it manually.

Last edited:

xEden

Jul 29, 2019
Update:
I was able to play 1.6.1 after installing ForgeMultipart-1.7.10-1.1.2.332-universal.jar into the mods folder, as well as adding the splash.properties in the config folder.

1.6.1 hanged at the same part as any version 1.5+, but upon looking at the console, it appeared that it failed to download/locate ForgeMultipart-1.7.10-1.1.2.332-universal.jar. As a result, manually adding it allowed it progress and I was able to successfully load and play a world. It also seems to be a permanent fix, as the attempts after this primary success succeeded.