Open IndustrialCraft's bronze powder is gone

F

Fire721

Summary of the problem IndustrialCraft's bronze powder is gone

Pack Version 1.1.0

What is the bug? It's really as simple as that. It's a critical part of the game, and you're unable to craft it. If you try crafting it, bronze powder won't appear, nor is it in the item list (NEI)

Mod & Version industrialcraft-2.2.6.142-ex110

Link to log file

Is it repeatable? Yes. All you need to do is try crafting it or looking it up.

Known Fix N/A

Shindur

Jul 29, 2019
Well.. even in item hiding mode it doesn't show up in JEI.. which leads me to believe the mod author took out bronze powder?. There is still bronze dust from TE and tiny piles of bronze dust from IC2. What recipes require this bronze powder you speak of?

F

Fire721

Bronze powder turns into ingots and then plates, which is an integral part for intermediate+ recipes. According to the game currently, the only way you can get bronze powder is by grinding bronze ingots, which is a bit of a circular problem lol.

Bronze powder is supposed to be made with crushed or powdered tin and copper. Unless the devs wanted to make obtaining bronze several orders of magnitude more difficult like Iridium is, it seems pretty clear this was a mistake.

Shindur

Jul 29, 2019
Try updating to version 1.2.1 of the pack and looking at recipes again. A lot of the plate stuff got changed around from 1.1.0 to 1.2.1

F

Fire721

It's fixed to some degree I see, where you can craft it only if the precursors are pure dust, not crushed ore or crushed washed ore (like how it was in FTB Infinity Evolved for 1.7.10). The issue is you need machines to process it to that point, that REQUIRE bronze parts in the first place. I'm no dev, but I'm assuming this could be fixed by adding just a few lines of code, so bronze can be accepted by plain crushed and crushed/washed tin and copper.

F

Fire721

Adding to my bug report, it appears only small piles of dust are visible for IC2. No normal sized dusts are visible to NEI.

Shindur

Jul 29, 2019
There is bronze blend, which smelts into bronze ingots. You can also put 3 copper 1 tin in a smeltery to get bronze.

F

Fire721

Yes, but as I said, that requires a higher purity of tin and copper, and the machines needed to make that require bronze. So currently, in order to make bronze, you need bronze as a prerequisite (to make the machines). Do you see what I mean?

F

Fire721

I don't have MC fired up anymore, but at a minimum the thermal centrifuge, which turns crushed or washed & crushed ores into dust. One of the components to build it requires bronze.

Shindur

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing I can see the thermal centrifuge needing bronze for is the mixed metal ingot.. which you can get the plate for that by using any bronze ingot and the IC2 hammer to get a plate. Which you can get any bronze ingot by using a Tinkers' smeltery and putting in 3 copper and 1 tin.. as I said before.

F

Fire721

Yeah I suppose so. I just don't get why IC2 functionality was disabled for crushed and washed ores. If it was done deliberately, that person made a mistake.

Shindur

Jul 29, 2019
Only thing I can see in JEI item hiding mode that was disabled was the ores. Could've been done through configs, but idk.