Idiocy at its finest

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
Did you know that German scientists created the world's most acidic acid? It was called Substance N But we now know it as Chlorine Trifluoride, and it can: boil when exposed to air, explode when it touches water, kill you if inhaled, decompose into hydrofluoric acid, when ignited it can reach temperatures over 2400 degrees Celsius, and it's much more dangerous to handle than fluorine gas. Once, it was spilled and it ate through a concrete floor, and a meter of dirt and gravel beneath that. It was described as follows: "The concrete was on fire!"

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Did you know that German scientists created the world's most acidic acid? It was called Substance N But we now know it as Chlorine Trifluoride, and it can: boil when exposed to air, explode when it touches water, kill you if inhaled, decompose into hydrofluoric acid, when ignited it can reach temperatures over 2400 degrees Celsius, and it's much more dangerous to handle than fluorine gas. Once, it was spilled and it ate through a concrete floor, and a meter of dirt and gravel beneath that. It was described as follows: "The concrete was on fire!"
I did know, but I always appreciate being reminded of one of my favourite quotes related to Health and Safety:

"... the operator is confronted with the problem of coping with a metal-fluorine fire. For dealing with this situation, I have always recommended a good pair of running shoes."

Reactions: triggerfinger12