Idea for Redpower2 circuitboard crafting.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
I just thought of a pretty cool idea for a new major addition to Eloraam's Redpower2 mod (whether it'd be an official core addition to Redpower or released as a content pack if Eloraam allows content packs).

I really like the mechanic of making Redpower2 logic circuits that could provide various behaviors to your Redpower wiring, but I don't really like the idea of making seperate rooms to fit all your Redpower wiring and all that. What if there was a way for the player to craft custom circuit boards using whatever logic circuits they crafted beforehand as well as a blank circuitboard? They could also only be crafted using a special crafting block that could construct your custom circuitboards in a certain amount of time Steve's Carts 2 style. And just to keep things balanced, the time to make these circuitboards could be increased depending on how many circuits you fit on the blank circuitboard as well as the complexity of the circuits themselves.

For example, a randomizer would be obviously more complex than a simple Redpower repeater. Thus it would take more time to make a circuitboard containing the former rather than the later.