I need a server host that will offer low latency for users in america and Germany

darkmdbeener

Jul 29, 2019
I am going to set a server host soon but I would like to know if anyone else has friends from america and Germany on their server and how is the latency for them. Any would have any suggestions for servers that can handle direwolf20 ftb server with people from all over the globe?

thanks

I was thinking of using FragNET with a server hosted in New York but I dont know. Maybe a server hosted across the pond might be better because america's isp are not as advanced as theirs.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Find a map of the worlds extremely high capacity fibre internet lines. These are big lines that run across continents and under oceans.
1.Pick a city that is on 1 of these lines, or is the end point for a such a line.
2.Get a server host in that city.
3.???
4.Profit

Muggz

Jul 29, 2019
Right now Im running a server that is on one of the UK sites Of creeper host. So far no problems with connection from American players. I'm in Canada and have yet to see any realy issues. Might want to look into that as an option. Only time I have seen issue is with crazy Austrialian peoples having bad connections.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Australians and Canadians are notorious for bad and/or stupid expensive internet. Trust me, I am Canadian, with friends in Australia.

Just want to pop by and say that France sits on one of the fibre lines I mentioned, at least I think it does. I got a server there and the lag is ok, even for me, couple thousand miles away.