Request I Could use some modding help!

Dungeonmaster372

Jul 29, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Dunge here,

I was looking to get some assistance on a modding project I am looking for some experienced modders whom may have some time to assist someone whom is looking to learn more about modding minecraft. I have spent some time with java but having troubles setting up with forge mod loader.

In previous attempts to learn MC modding I followed along with Pahimar's tutorials and such (stopping at episode 8 where there was some trouble with the coding). However something got messed up when I upgraded my java. Now the IDE still tries to use the old jar even though I have the PATH set to the new installed version.

I also wish to state that I understand that there is need for prior knowledge of java, and I do believe I do have enough to move forward. I just need some guidance, as I have not really worked with adding in dependencies, other than forge. Forge is pretty much setup when you do gradlew setupDecompWorkspace.

I would prefer that any comments about knowing java be kept to a minimal. I always learn coding by finding something I am interested in and trying to tie in a vision of something with the language I am learning. For an example of my prior coding experience is my website and forums found here.

The above link is a link to my website and forums, in which the website itself was coded purely by me using html and css. I also helped to skin the forums. I plan to add more and change up the website to a better format in the future. Currently I have it this way to keep it simple and on point.

My current goal is get the current workspace back to working order and I am wanting to setup for possibility of utilizing sponge forge as well. My first few mods will be working with their api. If anyone has knowledge that would be helpful for me please let me know here.

I know that I can utilize knowledge obtained in a unique way as long as I can get my environment working better.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance on this,
Your friend,
Dunge

UberAffe

Jul 29, 2019
I can't really help with setting up sponge as I haven't used it but if you have any questions on accomplishing something with forge I can help.