Hybrid Energetic bees and lightning

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, GregTech's lightning rods are dependent on natural lightning. It's possible to tell the difference in the Minecraft game engine and GregTech checks for the weather type, not the lightning strike.

vineet

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, GregTech's lightning rods are dependent on natural lightning. It's possible to tell the difference in the Minecraft game engine and GregTech checks for the weather type, not the lightning strike.
So one way around that is for your bees to have rain thing and make a stormy mystcraft world, this fooling gregtech.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, we did use the analyzer and we did see that the bee was "Valiant" with a secondary trait of energetic. Did I not state that earlier? Regardless, to me that's a secondary issue.

I don't care that you think it's a secondary issue. You're putting blame on a bee that's not only incorrect but actually from a DIFFERENT mod. Valiant bees don't ever cause lighting.

Secondary: the solution is simply to not have the bees with the lightning effect active. It's very easy to find out that a hybrid has the effect. So then you can simply not use them. So if just one person is breeding those bees, why not just ask that person to not do it in a public spot? The range on the effects is something like 15 blocks max and typically way shorter.

On our server I had someone die to the effects of my sinister bees. Well, I am terribly sorry but I can't be held responsible if you're snooping around my base and get to close to nasty bees without protective clothing.

Zerren

Jul 29, 2019
On our server I had someone die to the effects of my sinister bees. Well, I am terribly sorry but I can't be held responsible if you're snooping around my base and get to close to nasty bees without protective clothing.
I like to introduce friends to my base and point them in the direction of my Ender bees, the most important thing for a good time.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I like to introduce friends to my base and point them in the direction of my Ender bees, the most important thing for a good time.

You Sir are a bad bad man.....but yeah that could be funny, less than nano could be a one hit kill :).

Haruchai

Jul 29, 2019
I don't care that you think it's a secondary issue. You're putting blame on a bee that's not only incorrect but actually from a DIFFERENT mod. Valiant bees don't ever cause lighting.

Secondary: the solution is simply to not have the bees with the lightning effect active. It's very easy to find out that a hybrid has the effect. So then you can simply not use them. So if just one person is breeding those bees, why not just ask that person to not do it in a public spot? The range on the effects is something like 15 blocks max and typically way shorter.

heh...well alrighty then. I'm curious as to why you're rehashing what you stated earlier. This will be the last post I make in this thread, but before I go, I'll address your points (yet again).

I changed the title of the thread to "Hybrid Energetic", which is more accurate. My apologies for dragging the Valiant bee down this road. Before this thread, I didn't even know what mod *any* bee came from. I had never paid them a moment's attention until the lightning craziness began. If you care to read the thread again, you will find that at no time did I explicitly state which mod. I was subsequently informed that the energetic trait comes from the ExtraBees mod, and I take that at face value. But again, as I stated and it appears others have confirmed, *any* bee (including Valiant) can have a secondary trait of energetic which can cause lightning. I think we can put that issue to rest.

Once we (the folks on our server) read forum posts (here on FTB and elsewhere) about bees causing lightning, we began to understand what was happening. At first we thought it was Thaumcraft that was causing the craziness. We then made an analyzer from magic (ie, Creative Mode) and found the offending bee (Valiant-Energetic Hybrid) and terminated her existence. The lightning stopped.

Lastly, although the range of effect, as you call it, is very limited in size (ie, the physical area where lightning actually strikes), the resulting thunder has no such boundaries. A fellow with quantum armor searched the hives for the queen and although he was struck, he was not damaged. Our ears are still recovering, however. ;)

Adios amigos. Thanks for the input folks, it really helped.

H

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Or you could just use the extra bees genetic machines to overwrite the lightning genes before putting those bees back into an apiary.

I have been testing this today twice I have canceled lightning effect & both times it has returned 4-7 generations later, next try I will over write it with something else see if it sticks that way, I have been re-breeding the same strain in an automated hive to just to keep the strain pure for testing, (yes I know its not pure but, you get the idea) its the same bee that was in the OP before he edited :).

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Okay, seriously... the mod author himself shows up and tells you what happened and how to fix it, and you complain about his attitude? Umm... yea, way to be respectful yourself.

Changing config files takes less than a minute in regular ol' Notepad++ (or... I guess... I suppose... if you just absolutely have to... regular ol' Notepad...). It's literally a matter of searching the .cfg file for 'energetic' turning them off, and restarting the server. Done. If you can't handle that simple task, perhaps managing a server is beyond your current skillset.

Reactions: Lambert2191

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
poor Valient bee, getting the blame for something he didn't do :(
osm49WS.jpg

Jaybob32

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, seriously... the mod author himself shows up and tells you what happened and how to fix it, and you complain about his attitude? Umm... yea, way to be respectful yourself.

Changing config files takes less than a minute in regular ol' Notepad++ (or... I guess... I suppose... if you just absolutely have to... regular ol' Notepad...). It's literally a matter of searching the .cfg file for 'energetic' turning them off, and restarting the server. Done. If you can't handle that simple task, perhaps managing a server is beyond your current skillset.

? Why so out of joint? Yes he came and explained it could not be the valient bee and he was taken at face value by the OP. It was mistaken identity. In any case no one is blaming the bee. Although the pic is great by the way. The original complaint was about the intensity of lightning. No it causes no harm very far from the hive but the global sound effects are annoying. There is no way in extra bees to curtail this. Only careful breeding or outright black listing the bee, which we found quite easily with out your wonderful remarks.
Whoever thought the post was an attack on bees has a screw loose. It was complaint about sound and what could be done about it.