Solved How to get my MC launcher settings back?

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Willdabeast314

Jul 29, 2019
I switched to the new FTB launcher and when I went to go play vanilla I found that the FTB launcher had changed my Minecraft launcher's default directory to the FTB versions directory. So now when I go to play vanilla, all I can play is the FTB install, not the vanilla versions I had used previously. The profiles I had been using still exist in my .minercaft folder, so I'm guessing FTB just changed my launcher's default directory. I'd rather not recreate all of my profiles and settings. Is there a way I can revert this and give FTB its own Minecraft launcher?

EDIT: The problem seems to have resolved itself. I think it had something to do with me trying to open a new vanilla instance while an FTB instance was running. Hope this is able to help anyone else who may have this problem.

Last edited:

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
FTB app is using its own installation of the vanilla launcher - it's not touching the normal vanilla install location and is not using that one.

Willdabeast314

Jul 29, 2019
FTB app is using its own installation of the vanilla launcher - it's not touching the normal vanilla install location and is not using that one.

That's what I thought too, but when I clicked on the Minecraft launcher I have pinned to my taskbar, it pulled up the FTB version of the launcher. And when I went into my program files (x86) and found the Minecraft folder (I installed FTB on a different drive), opening the launcher from there also gave me the FTB launcher.