How do you back up saves?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Manon

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to know, becuase I want to include mods that are not in the pack, such as timber mod (All dem red wood logs) without corrupting or deleting my saves (Also would be usfeul to explain how to install mods into the pack)

Codex

Jul 29, 2019
Copying your save files into a separate folders will work if you want to back up your saves. Drag them back in when you need them back.

Mageleon

Jul 29, 2019
1. Just go to Edit modpack button on the launcher and you'll get a bunch of stuff come up go to one of the section pending what kind of mod you're adding (if you got to add to jar or mods folder if its mod folder add to mods) mods just click add mod and go to were your mod jar or zip is located.
2. Now for backing up your world you can just go to edit mod pack -> open folder -> go back 1 or 2 -> saves -> copy -> paste

Sorry if didn't really come out right im extremely tired.

Sheant

Jul 29, 2019
I use rsync to make a full backup of my whole FTB folder every 5 minutes, using the archiving feature to only actually copy files that changed. Allows me to survive unexpected disasters losing a maximum of 5 minutes play. Also means I have backups of all mods, configs, etc. I do have to cleanup old archs regularly, as the required storage does get out of hand.....

Mageleon

Jul 29, 2019
I use rsync to make a full backup of my whole FTB folder every 5 minutes, using the archiving feature to only actually copy files that changed. Allows me to survive unexpected disasters losing a maximum of 5 minutes play. Also means I have backups of all mods, configs, etc. I do have to cleanup old archs regularly, as the required storage does get out of hand.....

i use to have a program which did that but when i did it, it deleted the old one and kinda replaced it with the new one so the most recent backup is there and only there does create alot of lag tho but i get atleast 140 FPS

MinePlayer

Jul 29, 2019
I use MineBack. Install it, tell it where the FTB folder is located, tell it where is the save folder you wanna backup, and that`s it, it backs up everything automatically every x minutes (I have it backup every 10 minutes). And you can set it up to delete old backups regularly.