Open '/home' Bugs and Desync

MrGuffels

Jul 29, 2019
Summary of the problem Refined Storage DeSync

Pack Version 1.0.0

What is the bug? Server and Singleplayer: After changing dimensions to the End (but not the Nether) and then coming back to the overworld using the '/home' command, there is a desync with Refined Storage that does not render the items in the crafting grid when shift clicking the recipe from JEI until you update the crafting grid by placing another item into it in a spot that would be taken by an item in the recipe that you Shift-Clicked in. I have confirmed that the items are pulled from the Refined Storage System but they are not displayed in the crafting window.

I think this runs much deeper than just Refined Storage because in my testing in single player, after going to the end and using the command to go home, the same thing happened with the crafting table so I wanted to check a few other things like using a furnace and discovered that with coal and cobble in the furnace, the crafting operation did not start. To fix this I just reset my world but sometimes the world would not reload but it was fairly random. I will post the log. When I logged back into the single player world, the furnace had just started the processing task but the furnace I placed and the items I placed inside were there. It's as if the world was recording what I was doing but there were no ticks running to trigger progress. I tested this on the server and found almost the same result. The furnace would not update the progress or start working visually but every time you inserted or removed an item from the furnace or closed and opened the GUI, the progress bar would update. This would not fix until I disconnected and reconnected. My items were in the furnace and it was working when I rejoined the server.

All of this is to say that I think it is something to do with how the '/home' command handles dimension switching because this bug didn't happen when using the portals that are vanilla implemented or when using Silent Gems teleporters. There is much more testing to be done that I don't have time to do but it is pretty simple to do.
1. Use '/sethome' to set a home
2. Go to the End
3. Use '/home'
4. Try stuff to see what is broken

Mod & Version Pack: 1.2.0 beta
Whatever mod adds the '/home' command.

Link to log file https://pastebin.com/GBDwW79C

Is it repeatable? Yes. I have tried many forms of teleportation between dimensions and the '/home' is the only one that causes this.

Known Fix Multiplayer: Disconnect and reconnect to the server.
Single Player: Reload the world or in some cases, restart the client.