help offline modpack launch

YoshiiPowa

Jul 29, 2019
Having issue using direwolf20 or any modpack offline.

Attachments

• FTBLauncherLog.txt
    33 KB · Views: 62

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
You've got to do special stuff to get Minecraft to work on Java 8 at the moment. Just downgrade to Java 7, and it'll probably help this.

If you need Java 8 for development or something, update Minecraft's LWJGL .jar file.

Reactions: Chaka

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Wrong: http://feed-the-beast.com/launcher/change-log/ : "* java 8 u 20 + support avaliable for osx and forge for 1.6.4 1.7.2 and 1.7.10"

Broken offline mode is a bug, fix pending.
It's vanilla Minecraft that has the problem, not the FTB launcher. You'd need a reference to Mojang changing to use an updated version of LWJGL that supports Java 8. Either that, or a reference to the FTB launcher updating LWJGL itself.

Just because forge can use Java 8 now, doesn't mean Minecraft without a manual LWJGL update can.

YoshiiPowa

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all help. I now have internet connection and able to play all again. so this can now be closed. I am not sure how to do this. Once again thank you all for your help. I can now go back to playing Direwolf20 pack and a few of the 3rd party packs :)

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need to close threads, they just become inactive and eventually get buried :p