Help Needed

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

iiLuffyGaming

Jul 29, 2019
Hey people im new in FTB and the items in the mods like the machines and stuff are just driving me nuts and i like some help so is someone willing to help me explain what the machines do and how to use them.

I want to understand the new stuff ( most stuff like machines and important stuff for easier survival )

If someone is willing to help me please respond and tell me wich server i need to join so you can help me.

Thanks for your time and i hope for a quick respond because i got all the time !

Greetings iiLuffy!

Numberplay

Jul 29, 2019
Starts one mod at a time. Usually each mod (except addons) works just fine alone. The fun in modpack is combining them but obviously you aren't there yet.

Here's some mods that you can work on early that are usually used by every modpack.
-Tinker's Construct : You usually get the book that helps you with this mod too. You can move on if you have a smeltery.
-Thermal Expansion 3 : Start with making a steam dynamo, pulverizer, redstone furnace, induction smelter and some conduits, Make sure to make the crescent hammer to break them. If you have TE2 you don't have the easy to do conduits but that's fine, the wrench replaces the hammer. You're set if you can make a magma crucible along with a fluid transposer.
-Thaumcraft 4.1 : make an iron capped wooden wand and a bookshelf. right click the bookshelf with the wand and you get a book that explains everything. You should make a thaumometer by then and scan stuff. This will take a while since you can't scan everything at first so you should start this mod early.
-MineFactory Reloaded : adds machines that works just fine with TE3 but you might also need fluiducts and itemducts around them.
-Ars Magica 2 : make a book and a frame, place the frame next to a pool of liquid essence and the book in it. The book then tells you everything you need to know. I suggest you get dig with projectile first.
-Buildcraft : Usually used for the Quarry. Look it up it's really usefull.

Then you have mods that makes the world look better and adds a lot of options for builders.
-Biomes O' Plenty : Adds alot of biomes (duh)
-Bibliocraft : Adds furnitures
-Chisel : 1 stick and 1 iron bar in a diagonal pattern. You can now retexture those blocks you have in big quantity like dirt, cobble, stone, sandstone, glass, etc. Also adds Marble and Limestone.
-Forge Microblocks : You can reshape blocks into smaller versions and add some small details to your builds. Make a saw and craft it with a block you want to cut. you can make panels, small blocks and even hollow them by making a O shape on a crafting table.

There are a lot more but those can be learned early on.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
You have a long road ahead of you young padawan, but with enough time and dedication you too can be a tech master.

iiLuffyGaming

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you very much ya'll

learning now more and more and writing it down to easily look it up.

I'm taking the Numberplay's advice and go with the mods he said and start the game and play and later on
going to check out more because all in once will go to fast,

So thanks ya'll

Have a nice day

Greetings iiLuffy

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
DW20 is a good resource. Tutorials and various simultaneous LP series. If you want specific information, just type in DW20 - "mod" and you will get loads of information.

The other source of learning is inspiration. Etho's LP is a good place to see innovative/inventive ways to use FTB. He also maintains a level of aesthetic, to set the standard a bit higher for your build visioning.