Help, builders. Seriously, I suck.

X

xGlitchy99

Okay so background: In every Minecraft world I have made, I have rushed to get the super op gear and never built anything nice or appealing. I would always get bored and restart. So I started this world in FTB Revelations and I have added mods for my enjoyment, and decided that I would take my time doing things I want to do and not worry about the op stuff. I have been doing that. I have been playing this world for quite a while and have almost nothing, its kind of funny. but I am enjoying myself and have tried tons of new mods that ive never tried before. And I have decided to take on the task of something Ive always wanted to build since Syndicate had FyreUK build that huge city in his world, building an underground village. The extent of my building skills are the simple hallway in the entrance, so a lot of this is inspired by other people, sometimes pretty close to copying. Especially Etho, since i have his lp playing on my tv as I play, and I wish I could give everyone credit, but I get all the things I see from Google, so Im not sure who built them. What I want is to have a village there, with the them I already started, and it will be like a water village as the whole ground will have water on it, (thank you that water chalice thing, godsend) but I would like to have life there, grass, plants, etc. but again, I suck. Any suggestions? I am open to any. Thanks!!!

https://imgur.com/a/NomYzbY

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
Building in minecraft, is a skill, just like painting, sculpting or making web-comics.

Practice makes perfect, and mastering a skill requires 10000 hours of practice, and all of these things you must have heard a thousand times already.

Copying the masters that came before you IS the fastest way to learn. So I think you are on the right track. You are already doing everything I could suggest.

Just enjoy yourself, and don't worry about sucking.

For more inspiration you may want to take a look at the work of Grain and BdoubleO.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
For good measure, I’m going to throw @rhn in the mix - if you have a look at their builds thread, it’s been massively inspiring to me, and really got me upping my game - I was much the same as you, but I’m really starting to try and work on doing things more decoratively.