Hello, my name is Chronno

chronno

Jul 29, 2019
I just wanted to post a little story to say hello and show how much I'm excited about the FTB pack.

I had started playing Tekkit not all that long ago, after Forestry was removed. I had no indication that there was any kind of controversy nor was I given any reason to dig deeper into it. I was ignorant of any issues the mod developers had with Tekkit and it's creators. Ignorant to the point that I now host a Tekkit server and play it on a daily basis.

That is, until about two days ago when Guude mentioned on one of his Mail Time videos that he would not be starting Tekkit. He mentioned that he was waiting for another mod pack to be released. While he didn't say what that mod pack was, a crafty viewer posted that it must be this one. That's when I started looking deeper into things.
Now I can't wait until this pack comes out. I'm even going to manually download the mods (once I get a little time) to make sure they work on my hardware (We're worried about Mystcraft). It took almost no convincing to get everyone on my server onboard with the idea of dumping Tekkit entirely and switching to FTB. Hell, one member already deleted his Tekkit install after I told him what I learned here.

I hope no one gets offended that I intend on keeping Tekkit until a stable FTB launcher comes out. While I can install the mods manually, not all of my users can.

Oh, and in case anyone cares, my youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/chronnotrigg

Stellastronza

Jul 29, 2019
I just wanted to post a little story to say hello and show how much I'm excited about the FTB pack.

I had started playing Tekkit not all that long ago, after Forestry was removed. I had no indication that there was any kind of controversy nor was I given any reason to dig deeper into it. I was ignorant of any issues the mod developers had with Tekkit and it's creators. Ignorant to the point that I now host a Tekkit server and play it on a daily basis.

That is, until about two days ago when Guude mentioned on one of his Mail Time videos that he would not be starting Tekkit. He mentioned that he was waiting for another mod pack to be released. While he didn't say what that mod pack was, a crafty viewer posted that it must be this one. That's when I started looking deeper into things.
Now I can't wait until this pack comes out. I'm even going to manually download the mods (once I get a little time) to make sure they work on my hardware (We're worried about Mystcraft). It took almost no convincing to get everyone on my server onboard with the idea of dumping Tekkit entirely and switching to FTB. Hell, one member already deleted his Tekkit install after I told him what I learned here.

I hope no one gets offended that I intend on keeping Tekkit until a stable FTB launcher comes out. While I can install the mods manually, not all of my users can.

Oh, and in case anyone cares, my youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/chronnotrigg
Hi! And welcome to the FTB community. Yours was a wise decision indeed. Switching to FTB is the smart choice, the only choice even.