"HD" Texture packs

Schrödinger

Jul 29, 2019
For a long time ive been using sphax (64x and 128x) but i do feel its a bit cartoony and would really like a good alternative... now i do like the Johnsmith pack but some of the textures are really hard on my eyes and results in migraines... i suppose i could change out the textures in question but i think it might be hard to match the style.

So my question is do any of you know of a "HD" texture pack like sphax but with a more gritty dark look along the lines of the John Smith pack... oh and preferebly with some mod support

LazDude2012

Jul 29, 2019
Umm... unfortunately, no. :p That's kinda why we did JSTR in the first place. Tell us which textures cause headaches, and we'll try to fix them though. We try to be good to our community. :) There are plenty of "HD" texture packs with dark looks, but none of them have decent mod support. The packs that do have mod support aren't really dark.
Faithful has good mod support, but isn't dark.
Doku is a JohnSmith-like pack, but the mod support isn't great.

Like I said though, please, tell us which textures are hard on your eyes, we'll try to improve them. :)

Schrödinger

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like it was the Smooth rock in one of the packs but i downloaded the one with more of a cobble stone look to the smooth stone and that pack works ;)

Really like the atmosphere of the JohnSmith pack :D

Lothendas27

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried soartex fanver, it is 64x and installable via the FTB launcher. It might be to your liking, however it is not too 'dark'.

Schrödinger

Jul 29, 2019
I did try Soartex... Im very unsure if i like it or dislike it... im not saying its a bad texture pack because it certainly is not, that said its probably just not my taste...

But i really do think that we could have more "high res" texture packs that have mod support... thats the good thing about sphax, johnsmith (not as high res but its style make up for it), soartex and probebly a few more...

Nuttyprot

Jul 29, 2019
You could try my texture packs NP Smooth. Link is banner in sig.

I understand people what high res texture pack support but people don't realize it is a hell of lot work creating and updating the packs. I have already spent 1000's of hours creating my packs over the last year and one of the reasons I am retiring from creating them even tho is demand for them the demand is only small. With over 50 mods supported in my texture pack it has also become to much for me to manage on my own.

Ksheep

Jul 29, 2019
If you're looking for a darker HD pack that doesn't tile horribly, I'd suggest Glimmar's Steampunk. While it doesn't have full mod support, a number of users have been working on getting a set of mod textures for it and it's about 2/3rds complete at the moment.

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
Linky:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...dom-mobs-connected-textures-mod-better-glass/

Don't let the German put you off. I douldn't read a thing on that post.
But it installs like any other pack and imo is worth a try.

The only thing I changed for myself was smoothstone And I used a gui folder from another pack.
I found the gui in this one a bit much.

I often find that the higher res packs are can be a bit grainy, this one is clear and has a character of it's own.

edit: forgot to say. I did find one issue, that was with pigmen in the nether. They seem to be missing a body, for me anyway. So I might change that out too if it doesn't get sorted soon.