Gregtech End Ores useless?

rahk

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately, with the new tools, the old FD splitting isn't really needed anymore. Now with some of the instant FD with instant aggro clear, it's gone more of the way of ez mode pulling, especially in older zones.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Sodalite is pretty useful, mainly for sodium (which can be turned to Sodium persulfate).
Tungstn is useful if you have a dedicated power system to process them all to ingot which can be used to produce 6 mixed metal ingots (3 tungsten, 3 brass(zinc+copper), 3 Al).
Olivine ore is useful (for the emerald dust) and magnesium to make over-engineered 15,000 eu/t windmill arrays.

All of them are pretty useful for me.

Well, the end is dangerous only if you haven't killed the dragon/when you don't recharge your jetpack when it's needed or when you don't bring a pumpkin for emergency situation.

The dragon egg siphon is pretty stable, just don't duplicate the dragon egg unless you want something explode. Or you can just turn on the dragon egg duplication (and not worried about the explosion any more) in the config and get more dragons eggs via mystcraft.

ilja

Jul 29, 2019
Is there something that makes the end more difficult? I haven't been there yet with the modpack but is there something that prevents you from just throwing up a filler to make you a platform/house/whatever you want and then quarring/whatever the living shit out of it?

ilja

Jul 29, 2019
With the new enchanting system, I find the ender dragon pretty easy vanilla, especially when it's so easy to get full diamond armor. I usually don't even care for a pumpkin, I just get myself a fortune pickaxe, go get some diamonds for full diamond, and enchant a bow a bit and take a few stacks of arrows and some potions. Haven't died once while doing it in vanilla, and I'm pretty bad att fps's.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the dragon is not that hard for sure (jetpack+nano equipments+enchanted bow/diamond sword) :p, I think I only use the pumpkin when I'm recharging the jetpack on one of the asteroid, so I won't be accidentally killed by endermen.

Tumm

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the dragon is not that hard for sure (jetpack+nano equipments+enchanted bow/diamond sword) :p, I think I only use the pumpkin when I'm recharging the jetpack on one of the asteroid, so I won't be accidentally killed by endermen.
Personally, I find it hilarious that I can 'taunt' Endermen off the asteroids by just looking at them. Some of those asteroids are literally teeming with the guys.

I usually carry an Ender pouch with me into the end. The last time I was there, my jetpack ran out of juice, and I accidentally dropped my linking book a few seconds before. In a panic, I opened up the pouch, spam Shift-clicked my whole inventory into the pouch (even the pouch itself). I was in the process of trying to get my armor off when I actually died.

By refueling jetpack, do you mean the gas version or the electric version? If there was a way to recharge the electric jetpack in the field, I would be all over that for exploring the end. I'm surprised I never thought of using a pumpkin.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I find it hilarious that I can 'taunt' Endermen off the asteroids by just looking at them. Some of those asteroids are literally teeming with the guys.

I usually carry an Ender pouch with me into the end. The last time I was there, my jetpack ran out of juice, and I accidentally dropped my linking book a few seconds before. In a panic, I opened up the pouch, spam Shift-clicked my whole inventory into the pouch (even the pouch itself). I was in the process of trying to get my armor off when I actually died.

By refueling jetpack, do you mean the gas version or the electric version? If there was a way to recharge the electric jetpack in the field, I would be all over that for exploring the end. I'm surprised I never thought of using a pumpkin.
2 jetpacks and an enderchest with a system to feed the depleted jetpack into your bases storage units? so you have a nice fully charged one waiting in the enderpouch?

Reactions: Tumm

Tumm

Jul 29, 2019
2 jetpacks and an enderchest with a system to feed the depleted jetpack into your bases storage units? so you have a nice fully charged one waiting in the enderpouch?
Or to be even more ridiculous, an IESU that I could carry with me. I just put it down, refill my jetpack and any other tools. Then I pick it up again with my wrench!

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Or to be even more ridiculous, an IESU that I could carry with me. I just put it down, refill my jetpack and any other tools. Then I pick it up again with my wrench!

I didn't use the enderchest/pouch trick, I simply put a mfe down then advanced lappack to bottom slot, electric jetpack to top slot, got the excess eu back from mfe with the lappack, equipped lappack and wrenched it to get mfe back. Enderpouch should be easier though..

Tumm

Jul 29, 2019
Oooo...I could do the same thing with a lithium batpack and a Batbox. I think lithium packs will interact with batboxes...anyways.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Oooo...I could do the same thing with a lithium batpack and a Batbox. I think lithium packs will interact with batboxes...anyways.

Yes, I used the lithium batpack+batbox too until I found out that lithium batpack couldn't charge a nano sabre.

ilja

Jul 29, 2019
As a generally awesome solution to charging issues, I think managers would be awesome for that. Have one manager connected to an ender chest, a tube, manager, and then a charging table. Have three of each item you want and set it so that you always have exactly one in your ender chest, at least one in the charging bench, as well as the one in your inventory. As soon as you want to charge a tool you have with you, just open the ender chest, drop the one you want to charge, it's sent away, and then you grab the full and they send the fully charged one to the charging table.

Hrulgin

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure that having three of each piece of equipment is really the most ideal. Better would be a simple timer to pull an item out of the chest every 20 seconds or so, feed it into the top of a mfsu and then diamond autarchic gates to pull your equipment out only when it's fully charged. Since the charge is recorded in the metadata, and the gates will track that stuff, it'll pull it the moment it's fully refilled and no sooner. With 4 pipes each w/ that setup, you could have 16 items that could be recharged anytime you wanted, and no need for duplicate equipment.

ilja

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure that having three of each piece of equipment is really the most ideal. Better would be a simple timer to pull an item out of the chest every 20 seconds or so, feed it into the top of a mfsu and then diamond autarchic gates to pull your equipment out only when it's fully charged. Since the charge is recorded in the metadata, and the gates will track that stuff, it'll pull it the moment it's fully refilled and no sooner. With 4 pipes each w/ that setup, you could have 16 items that could be recharged anytime you wanted, and no need for duplicate equipment.
Oh, you can control how much charge there is in? Well, you only need two of them then. One charged waiting for you and the one you are using. That's pretty awesome, to always have an endless toolbox.

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, I hear FD splitting is all but a lost art these days, along with all the variants... wall split, hill split, learning all the ins and outs of mob pathing and how screwed up they were in Kunark raid zones, knowing about warping and how it will affect adds, assist and proxy aggro and how it differs, how to pull a summoning mob... fun times.

Yeah i do miss that too, EQ and Anarchy Online both imho far superior to MMOs played at the moment.

Back to topic:

I find the nether ores quite balanced as they are. Tungsten makes a good replacement for refined iron. And the super tungstensteel blocks are awsome.