GregTech Config?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Punchofdeath

Jul 29, 2019
I have an LAN Monster Server for me and a few friends but lately we have been trying to expand but GregTech is making it way to difficult for our liking. I have found GregTech config. files but I have no idea where to disable the IC2 recipes. Unless IC2 changed it's recipes... I must ask, did GregTech make the Iron Plates or is that standard IC2. I kind of hope not because I miss having to make refined Iron and all of that good stuff. Anyhow, if anyone knows how, please help me turn GregTech recipes off.

Anyone who can help me with this I thank you ahead of time. ~Punchofdeath

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks ThatOneSlowking, I didnt know about that change. I just know GregTech makes stuff harder to do.
It always made early game tougher, and always made anything past early game easier. It just so happens it's a change that shows up with a handful of extra machines, and recipes that make using them the better option no matter what you want to make, assuming that a machine can make it.

Tons of recipe changes that drive people away, and not enough see how easy it ends up being when one has some basic IC2 Infrastructure and a few GT machines.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Don't bother, I tried for months to get a config setup without interference and found it impossible... Managed to get it mostly out but GT still stuffed up rubber recipies making an impossible crafting loop for MFR rubber/plastic, also with GT installed it would take NEI about 10min to load all the recipies GT injects and adds ore dic changes to.

Would love to have GT installed for all it's awesome late game machines, it's fun but the changes are just too damn irritating to put up with

Reactions: Punchofdeath

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a question; Is GT still even being updated? One would think IC2 has changed enough to require GT to need a full redo. That or GT is not compatible with IC2 exp on a gameplay level.

Also as for disabling GT tool recipes, in my past experience I found there was no way to revert the electric wrench to IC2 vanilla recipe.
The GT config was incredibly robust but that was one feature that you couldn't revert for some reason.

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a question; Is GT still even being updated? One would think IC2 has changed enough to require GT to need a full redo. That or GT is not compatible with IC2 exp on a gameplay level.

G. is also one of the devs behind IC2, so one would expect his mod to be able to keep up.

Not holding my breath on eNet ever getting finished, though.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019

Also as for disabling GT tool recipes, in my past experience I found there was no way to revert the electric wrench to IC2 vanilla recipe.
The GT config was incredibly robust but that was one feature that you couldn't revert for some reason.
Not for 1.6.4, but there are serious updates for the 1.7 branch. How serious? Did you ever hear that Greg wanted to leave IC2 dependency and add compatibility instead?
93e191e5dc08c37457092b750c69d0c9.320x213x19.gif

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Not for 1.6.4, but there are serious updates for the 1.7 branch. How serious? Did you ever hear that Greg wanted to leave IC2 dependency and add compatibility instead?
93e191e5dc08c37457092b750c69d0c9.320x213x19.gif

Yeah, I do remember hearing someone talk about GT as if it was a full conversion mod. GT becoming stand alone just seems like the obvious next step, while GT left a bad taste in my mouth I could still see how much it wanted to become it's own mod as soon as it started meddling with other mods.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I do remember hearing someone talk about GT as if it was a full conversion mod. GT becoming stand alone just seems like the obvious next step, while GT left a bad taste in my mouth I could still see how much it wanted to become it's own mod as soon as it started meddling with other mods.
Just like Redpower 2 except it didn't edit any mods. And TerrafirmaCraft, but edits no mods(but works with damn near zero anyway), and Better then Wolves(which doesn't even work with Modloader mods).

Except Redpower 2 and GregTech are vastly more compatible then the other two, and GT is compatible with tons of mods.(and indeed, I mean compatible as in has functions that only exist/work with that mod installed, cross-mod compatibility is the name of the game when I saw compatible)