greetings from akuma

akumaduma

Jul 29, 2019
hi all, akuma here. :)

i was encouraged to pick up minecraft by my gf about two years ago and can confidently say it's been the best gaming experience of my 3+ decades of life.

i've been faithfully sticking to vanilla on a private survival server with friends and in that time i've learned just about all there is to know about it. i even customised a current iteration of retribution's quandary texture pack, available here for the curious.

so now i've started looking at mods to expand my overall mc experience. several of my favourite youtubers picked up on FTB (mindcrack) and it just plain looks superior. i'm still very new when it comes to the various aspects but having lurked around the forums for a while, i can see i'm in good company.

it's clear that slowpoke and friends are putting some serious love into what they do - so thank you to them for making FTB as enticing as it is.

i look forward to trying it all out and hope to offer some helpful feedback along the way.

Reactions: lavarthan

akumaduma

Jul 29, 2019
thanks guys. i've started a tentative unleashed survival game to test things out:

G6y0gjv.png

loving all the new items so far.

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome to the forums, akumaduba! We hope you enjoy your stay here (stay forever! :) )

If you want to take a gentle approach to things, I personally recommend getting into Tinkers Construct and Industrial Craft or Thermal Expansion. All three are great mods in my personal opinion, and are great for starting off. :)

Reactions: akumaduma