graphics card

matdex

Jul 29, 2019
i was wondering if graphics card on laptops are universal or does it matter like does some graphics cards not fit in
laptops and what laptop heres my pc type

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
X55A
ASUS-NotebookSKU
Notebook PC
feed the beast lags and will it be dangerous to install
make sure its a cheap but powerfull g card

HelloMyNameIsreaper

Jul 29, 2019
well you should look into getting gaming laptops since turning a regular laptop into one is annoying to do since they are complex to fix due to all the extra screws, and compactness. Unless your gonna look into getting a tech guy to do it for you

frostmute

Jul 29, 2019
i fix laptops for a living; in the past year I have only seen one laptop, out of thousands, that had the ability to be upgraded in the graphics department. It was a $4000 MSi.

99% of laptops in existence do not have the ability to simply 'upgrade' anything other that the memory or storage. Maybe a proc upgrade, but only under specific circumstances.

there is no 'video card' in these laptops either, its primarily onboard graphics. Unless you own one of those super expensive beasts like i previously mentioned.

Skrimshaw

Jul 29, 2019
No if you have a laptop adding a GPU to it could cause heat that would be bad for all parts and your laptop may not even have the right slot for it so dont waste your money

Miguellos

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, your model doesn't have a dedicated GPU, and as such won't have the space to put one in. If you're thinking of upgrading though, I'd go for a desktop. No matter how powerful a laptop may pertain to be, it will still be out-classed by a cheaper desktop. The other advantage being that a desktop is much easier to upgrade.

Though if you are looking for some portability, then go with a laptop which has a dedicated GPU, even the low powered one I have in my XPS 15z, which I believe is a GT525M, can run FTB and most other games with ease.