Golden pipes extremely slow?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jeff Fisher

Jul 29, 2019
On my mindcrack pack server Items are moving extremely slow through buildcraft pipes.. Even gold pipes only speed the items up a tiny tiny tiny bit.. The items go through to gold pipes slower then even normal pipes when the speed is correct..

Why are my Buildcraft pipes soooo slow??

Heres a video of how slow they are:

Thanks

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
The gold pipes were changed to need more than 1 of them to speed them up to full speed, if you put 3-4 in a series they should move a lot faster.

Drakt

Jul 29, 2019
Just tested this as i thought you might need a constant gold pipe now (the best option)

If you have 2 gold pipes together the item will speed up, it takes the first one to get going.

Auth

Jul 29, 2019
I just started into FTB after a break from all things tekkit-like, but buildcraft gold pipes used to require redstone power to speed up things and it doesn't look like you have any hooked up (though torches could be hiding behind the wall, I just can't tell from the texture pack). You might give that a try if you aren't already.

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
The pipes don't require redstone power to speed up anymore, though I don't know when it changed. They just recently changed it (somewhere between 1.4.2 and 1.4.6) so instead of 1 pipe speeding items up to full speed it takes 2+.

Auth

Jul 29, 2019
Well, that's a bit of a drag. Guess my mining turtles are going to be working overtime to get me more gold :D