Gold in DW20 pack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Jakwisp

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having trouble finding gold ore in the dw20 pack? I haven't seen a thread about it but have seen some about diamonds, and where I haven't found too many of them, I have not managed to find even a piece of gold in several ravines and caves and my own branch mines.

Zerro

Jul 29, 2019
Through Pulverization, I've found about 4x stacks of gold. Silver, Copper, and Tin are the annoying ones to find since you have to search different levels

I also think it's easier to find gold in caves and ravines compared to tunnel digging for diamonds

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
Ya the new ore levels really put a hamper on mining tunnels the old fashioned way.

Almost begs that you get a quarry up and running ASAP since it does not suffer the from the different hieghts as much as a player solo mining would.

Mudrat12

Jul 29, 2019
Quarries are a waste of diamonds. In my opinion of course. I think Turtles should be a focus on ASAP. Makes mining easier but you have to program it all yourself D:

Jakwisp

Jul 29, 2019
As I said I have looked " in several ravines and caves" and have yet to see a piece of gold also the only way for me to make a quarry would be to cheat it in since I don't have the gold.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't had any trouble finding gold in my DW20 world. Well I have run out but that's because I've been using a lot of it for TE stuff.

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
Well I guess If you can't find gold you could create a mystcraft world..

But I think you just have not looked hard enough.. Gold is pretty rare.

Think in my game so far I maybe found 4 stacks of it.. Maybe 5... And Ive been playing this save since 1.3.5

Mudrat12

Jul 29, 2019
Gold can also be transmuted using Iron but try to not do that until its absolutely necessary :)

DVeagle74

Jul 29, 2019
I had problems too. Could barely find any but had enough iron to make what I needed. Then I made a quarry and have had little problems since.