Problem Giving permissions for using commands not sure how to do

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Mmmruby123

Aug 13, 2020
Hello, i am having trouble figuring out how to turn my server game mode to creative, so that i can build large projects. everytime i use commands it says i dont have the necessary permissions to use that command. Ive tried looking within the server config, and in game and cant find anything. Any advise is welcome, thanks.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Give yourself OP, open server console and type "op YOURNICKNAME" and press enter (without the "")

Mmmruby123

Aug 13, 2020
Yeah I tried that and it reverted everytime I started the server, oh wait is that with the server open and running?

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Yes, with the server running as a command in the console - don't edit the ops.json file - you could of course, but it's not just adding your nickname to the file, it needs to be in specific format (json), so easiest is to do it from console and the game will update the file.