Game Crashes when it goes to downloading terrain screen

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

RAC

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Game Crashes when it goes to downloading terrain screen
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Direworlf20(v1.21) Minecraft Version 1.7.10
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
The game crashed, puter went to blue screen of death. (never happened before) I couldn't get back in with all my stuff intact so I deleted the game and replaced the files with a complete backup I made 3 days ago. I copy the complete .minecraft folder as a backup. So I deleted what was there and replaced it with my backup and now I get this stupid error!

C:\Users\Richard\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\direwolf20_17\minecraft\saves\Copy of Ricky World\enderio\dimensionalTransceiver.json
[17:20:39] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: The state engine was in incorrect state SERVER_STOPPING and forced into state SERVER_STOPPED. Errors may have been discarded.
[17:20:39] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: Server terminated. Those are the final lines of the launcher console. Somewhere there is a server_stopped status that won't let me continue because I put a GOOD copy of my game to the link??? So somewhere on your site it must have a status code which will not allow me to play the game?? I wanted to upload my log to you but the upload log function on the launcher console doesn't work??

Let me know if you can help me please, would like to continue playing tonight while I have some free time!

Minnesota Jeff

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, Say if anyone knows why this is happening to my friend Richard could you please try to help him out. We've tried just about everything we can think of tried different mod pack versions and as he said he's completely replaced his game and nothing we try seems to help him get back into the game. We set him to the recommended mod pack and it uploaded the files. And now he has the newer direwolf20 splash page but it gets to where it says 'downloading terrain' and kicks back out to the launcher.

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
You can find the log folder inside your minecraft folder, there should also be a crash-reports folder. Copypaste the contents of the crash report to pastebin and post the link here.

Minnesota Jeff

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks mc.crab, I didn't get a chance last night to get in here and let folks know we got him back in. For some reason he has troubles using the latest version of Direwolf20 1.2.1 so he reverted back to 1.1.1 and replaced some outdated mods and got back in to his world. Odd thing is he was able to get into an older world with the newer version of dw20 no problem. So a few things went missing from his inventory but he's back in and happy but not unconfused. Nor am I. We both cant figure why these crashes happen and why things disappear after the crash. Aside from the game reverting back to an older save point. But the moment he crashed he had just made a couple reactor chambers and when he got back into the game the reactor chambers where in his toons hand. So yah, confused is where we are at now.

RAC

Jul 29, 2019
The things my friend is referring to that went missing are the newest jar files from Team Cofh they kept reverting back to the previous version I had just replaced a couple days ago. When my game crashed/my computer crashed and I went to a BoD. When I logged back in it came up with a warning to back up my saves & files because there may have been damage or corruption. I selected the yes option offered but it did NOTHING! I tried this several times with the same result so I replaced the game with a copy I had made as backup on the 17th of this month. (I routinely copy the .minecraft folder and save it in a backup folder since I have found no back up system built into the game. :( ) Then when I tried to restart my game I kept getting an error that the "state engine" was in the incorrect state? I have no idea where this info came from I assumed all game data was kept within the .minecraft folder and it became quite irritating that I could not get back in my game using a completely fresh good copy of the game data??? I think this state engine thing needs some work since I had a complete back up copy that had always worked before whenever I'd had problems I would just replace the folder with a backup copy I made and deal with whatever items/changes I had to redo.

It was weird that I could get into one of the two worlds I have created in the game but it was an older game world that I had actually abandoned. And I was only able to get in those when I changed the version of the mod I was playing to the newest which I've been using an older version because of some problem I get when using the newer version. It all got very convoluted as you can tell. Suffice it to say I had also made a copy of the game right after the crash just in case I would have such a situation as developed. I replaced the backup copy with the copy that was in the the state after the crash and tried using the yes option again. This time after 3 times of clicking on it it finally started loading the game. It crashed a couple more times but one attempt succeeded and I have since repaired the damage it caused. Mostly alot of Thaumcraft items disappeared in the game, like my foci and all of my baubles. I'm posting the crash reports I have from yesterday the 20th and I hope it will help someone tell me what's going on?? that link is ---------------------> Here's the first I have http://pastebin.com/BjB8kvBs and I have one more ..........-------------->http://pastebin.com/F54szfnE the last one seems to be the earliest. Ok. ty for any and all interest and responses.