FTBApp installer failure

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

windybut

Aug 6, 2020
Program version FTBA_windows-x64_202007161516-479dedc615-release
Windows 10 64 x64 version 1903 (OS Build 18362.959)
Java Version 8 Update 261 x64

My Windows 10 is fully updated and all drivers (sound, video, etc.) are all running the latest ones. I do NOT run any antivirus software.

As I run the installer I get this error “The update information could not be downloaded from http://apps.modpacks.ch/FTBAapp/release.xml Please check your network connection” you're servers basically. I have NO internet issues what so ever.

After clicking the OK button installer continues and once a install path has been set the following error occurs. “Could not download content files. Do you want to try again?”. Clicking OK is loop of the same error and cancel, well exits the program.

I have tried running the installer in various compatibility modes and admin mode too it still won't work. I delete all references to FTBApp from %Appdata% the still fails.

I can run the legacy version of the app but that has out dated versions of mod packs.

I have attached the log file so any help you can give me will be appreciated.

WindyBut

Attachments

• FTBA_windows-x64_202007161516-479dedc615-release_error.log.txt
    3 KB · Views: 64

Tarrianna

Aug 7, 2020
It appears I am having the same problem. I also originally had a challenging time getting Java Minecraft loaded on this computer even after ensuring I had the newest version of java downloaded.