FTB Utilities, how to increase allowed claimed chunks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

berniplayz

Jun 5, 2020
i am currently trying to change it for my self too but my ranks.txt file is nothing like you guys were
Capture.PNG
saying and showing

i have it like that and i just cant find anything like shown on upper picture.
values here are already changed

ps: i ma doing it on project ozone 3. new way forward

Last edited:

Ethan Phillips

Jan 1, 2020
i am currently trying to change it for my self too but my ranks.txt file is nothing like you guys were
View attachment 38103saying and showing

i have it like that and i just cant find anything like shown on upper picture.
values here are already changed

ps: i ma doing it on project ozone 3. new way forward

Im in the same boat as you dude, im gonna try what Pevara said, on my server.

Dex Luther

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on 1.15.2 and I don't even have a ranks.txt or json file. There are no files at all in the folder specified in this thread. Why is it so difficult? Why no ability to change from settings within the game and/or a simple config file like most other mods? Instead I have to search the internet to find lines of code in random threads to add to files that don't even exist for whatever reason?

I don't want to come across as only complaining. Just frustrated. Still, I appreciate all the work being done to bring these mods and utilities to life.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
I'm on 1.15.2 and I don't even have a ranks.txt or json file. There are no files at all in the folder specified in this thread. Why is it so difficult? Why no ability to change from settings within the game and/or a simple config file like most other mods? Instead I have to search the internet to find lines of code in random threads to add to files that don't even exist for whatever reason?

I don't want to come across as only complaining. Just frustrated. Still, I appreciate all the work being done to bring these mods and utilities to life.

The mod has changed over time, best bet for support is to head over to LatvianModder's discord server:

Naelbtn

May 31, 2020
every time i change the jason file it come back at how it was before i change once i launch the game can somebody help ?

Skyknight46

May 5, 2021
For people playing with ftbchunks 1605.2.3-build-75 (I think this works on all of the minecraft 1.16 versions, as an OP you can run a command to give yourself more claimable chunks and more force-load chunks. "/ftbchunks admin extra_force_load_chunks <name of the player> <what operation> <amount you want to add>" so for example for me that would be: "/ftbchunks admin extra_force_load_chunks Skyknight46 add 75" this would give me 100 force loadable chunks since you start out with 25. For changing the number of claimable chunks the command is almost the exact same: "/ftbchunks admin extra_claim_chunks <player> <what operation> <amount>". This works in singleplayer just fine if you have cheats enabled (otherwise quickly start a LAN world with cheats enabled to run this command and then relog).

Reactions: danko12321

danko12321

Jun 16, 2021
For people playing with ftbchunks 1605.2.3-build-75 (I think this works on all of the minecraft 1.16 versions, as an OP you can run a command to give yourself more claimable chunks and more force-load chunks. "/ftbchunks admin extra_force_load_chunks <name of the player> <what operation> <amount you want to add>" so for example for me that would be: "/ftbchunks admin extra_force_load_chunks Skyknight46 add 75" this would give me 100 force loadable chunks since you start out with 25. For changing the number of claimable chunks the command is almost the exact same: "/ftbchunks admin extra_claim_chunks <player> <what operation> <amount>". This works in singleplayer just fine if you have cheats enabled (otherwise quickly start a LAN world with cheats enabled to run this command and then relog).

THANK YOU THIS IS MUCH EASIER THAN DIGGING AROUND IN THE SERVER CONFIGS THANK YOU WOO!!!!

now to find out if my quarry in the mining dimension will stay loaded while i'm in the overworld...