FTB Unleashed FPS Drop (SOLVED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ca11 Me Karma

Jul 29, 2019
So I love FTB its awesome, I know running so many mods (123 to be specific) can be stressful on a computer. My computer is pretty well as far as specs go:

Processor i7-3770K running at 3.50GHz
Memory: 8192 RAM
and plenty of disk space

I've seen a post here and there about lag spikes with framerates. Not sure if anyone else already knows how to fix this issue but I figured its worth a shot asking :p I'm playing singleplayer, am running mystcraft. I've only been to a couple random worlds, the nether, and thats it. Anytime I log into the game it runs fine but as soon as I go to my only mystcraft world I'm using to mine or go to the nether my framerate freezes for about a second or two and then its perfectly fine. It does this in about 15ish second intervals. I'm not a complete total tech savy so I dont know how to "Allocate ram" Or anything like that.

As far as that goes in my game i'm running: 1 Quarry, 20 magmatic engines, 2 chunk loaders, a few IC2 machines and a very small AE Network. Feel free to ask me anything about whatever i might be doing wrong and hopefully we can work this out! :)

JamiePhonic

Jul 29, 2019
in the launcher, go to the options tab, and move the RAM maximum slider up in 512MB/1GB incroments till the problem is sorted (or atleast reduced)
if you get to 4GB and its still freezing, come back and we'll look into this further

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Add the JVM arguments from this thread as well as it helps with running heavily modded minecraft.

Add them to the jvm paramters box in advanced options. Options --> Advanced options to get there.

Ca11 Me Karma

Jul 29, 2019
Add the JVM arguments from this thread as well as it helps with running heavily modded minecraft.

Add them to the jvm paramters box in advanced options. Options --> Advanced options to get there.

What exactly is JVM?

in the launcher, go to the options tab, and move the RAM maximum slider up in 512MB/1GB incroments till the problem is sorted (or atleast reduced)
if you get to 4GB and its still freezing, come back and we'll look into this further

Thank you! So far it seems to be performing flawlessly! I switched it to 2.5GB but i was wondering can i go higher than 4GB?

JamiePhonic

Jul 29, 2019
JVM=Java Virtual Machine. Java Programs aren't run like other programs. Java code is compiled to an intermediate representation called Java bytecode, instead of directly to platform-specific machine code. Java bytecode instructions are analogous to machine code, but they are intended to be interpreted by a virtual machine(VM) written specifically for the host hardware. this is why any java program can theoretically run on any device, whether it be a PC, a Mac or even a phone or tablet.

As for your RAM inquery, theres no point. you'll be unlikely to reach 4GB RAM usage in single player. The only reason you needed to allocate more ram is this:

I assume your render distance is set to far. The further your render distance is set, the more chunks minecraft has to keep in RAM to allow for that. when you add more worlds (i.e. mystcraft dimensions) all the "chunks" in your main world that have machines in them are kept in RAM so that they can continue to do their jobs while you're away. (i.e. smelting your iron ore into bars)
So, assuming your world is fairly is fairly large (I'm making a lot of assumptions, i know...) when you go to the mystcraft dimension, minecraft has to keep both all the chunks from your main world in RAM so the machines can continue to work AND keep all of the chunks in your mystcraft dimension loaded too so you can see them.

That's a rather simple and not very good explanation, but if you want to see which chunks are loaded, type /chunkloaders into chat to bring up the chunk viewer.

Ca11 Me Karma

Jul 29, 2019
JVM=Java Virtual Machine. Java Programs aren't run like other programs. Java code is compiled to an intermediate representation called Java bytecode, instead of directly to platform-specific machine code. Java bytecode instructions are analogous to machine code, but they are intended to be interpreted by a virtual machine(VM) written specifically for the host hardware. this is why any java program can theoretically run on any device, whether it be a PC, a Mac or even a phone or tablet.

That's a rather simple and not very good explanation, but if you want to see which chunks are loaded, type /chunkloaders into chat to bring up the chunk viewer.

For the most part I understood some of it lol but my game render distance was set to normal and i don't think my world is honestly that large but it depends on your definition of "large".

Status
Not open for further replies.