FTB Server Failed to Install (Curse Launcher)

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Kerllicky

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
FTB Server Failed to Install (Curse Launcher)
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
FTB Infinity Server
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
G'day mates,

So I installed the Curse Launcher and FTB Infinity , the single player is running fine and smooth, my little pixeled heart soared. The problem is, when I tried to install the server to start playing with the lads the installation failed (3 times in a row). I don't even have the files.

So I want to the logs trying to make some sense of all this but... well...

{
"timestamp": "2015-10-03T22:59:13.179751Z",
"level": "Error",
"thread": 6408,
"memory": 188568.0,
"message": "[InstallTaskManager] InstallTask failure",
"error": {
"message": "Exception of type 'Curse.CurseClient.Common.InstallManagement.InstallTaskFailedException' was thrown.",
"type": "Curse.CurseClient.Common.InstallManagement.InstallTaskFailedException",
"stack": [
"Curse.CurseClient.Minecraft.InstallTasks.ModpackInstallTask.Run() in c:\\Projects\\Radium\\Repository\\Curse.Radium\\Games\\Curse.CurseClient.Minecraft\\InstallTasks\\ModpackInstallTask.cs:135",
"Curse.CurseClient.Common.InstallTaskManager+<>c__DisplayClass5.<ProcessQueue>b__4() in c:\\Projects\\Radium\\Repository\\Curse.Radium\\Libraries\\Curse.CurseClient.Common\\InstallManagement\\InstallTaskManager.cs:285",
"System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()",
"System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()",
"System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecutionContextCallback(Object)",
"System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext,ContextCallback,Object,Boolean)",
"System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext,ContextCallback,Object,Boolean)",
"System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task&)",
"System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteEntry(Boolean)",
"System.Threading.Tasks.Task.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()",
"System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()",
"System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()"
],
"innerError": {
"message": "Error reading manifestType",
"type": "System.Exception",
"stack": [
"Curse.CurseClient.Minecraft.Models.Manifest.GetManifestTypeFromFile(String) in c:\\Projects\\Radium\\Repository\\Curse.Radium\\Games\\Curse.CurseClient.Minecraft\\Models\\Manifest.cs:132",
"Curse.CurseClient.Minecraft.Installers.ModpackInstallerProvider.GetProvider(IInstallTask,MinecraftGameInstance,DirectoryInfo,AddonInstance,AddOnFile,ModpackInstallOptions) in c:\\Projects\\Radium\\Repository\\Curse.Radium\\Games\\Curse.CurseClient.Minecraft\\Installers\\Modpacks\\ModpackInstallerProvider.cs:40",
"Curse.CurseClient.Minecraft.InstallTasks.ModpackInstallTask.Run() in c:\\Projects\\Radium\\Repository\\Curse.Radium\\Games\\Curse.CurseClient.Minecraft\\InstallTasks\\ModpackInstallTask.cs:98"
]
}
}
},

Does someone have any idea if I'm doing something wrong or if it's a bug from the launcher?

Thank you for your time. Have a good one

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Download <packname>-<version>-Server.zip from website. CV does not support those(yet) and I have no idea why those zips are visible in CV.

Kerllicky

Jul 29, 2019
Why, that's what I did. I was just about to post a response saying how I dodged the problem xD

Thanks for the help. Love you all, have fun