FTB Server Connection Timeout followed by Fatal Errors with consecutive connects

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
D

Danni293

Title:
FTB Server Connection Timeout followed by Fatal Errors with consecutive connects
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Infinity
Modpack Version:
Custom
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
My friend is trying to connect to a server we have running and he keeps running into issues where I don't. I have configured his files the exact same way mine are and even configured his launcher the same and he's still getting these issues. What happens is that he joins the server and is able to get on and see the world for about 5 seconds before it kicks him saying his connection timed out. Any subsequent attempts to connect result in a fatal error rather than a timeout and he doesn't get on the server at all.

We're using a custom configured variation of Infinity and are sharing the same modpacks (Server admin distributed his main mineraft directory folders to allow us to connect.

I've tried what I could to get it to work right but still nothing. Anyone got a clue?

L

Lynus

I've been having trouble with the exact same issue(although i didn't modify the modpack), and by the looks of it, quite some other people too. I've been searching all over the place for a solution to no avail until just a few minutes ago.
I was trying to run my server with the following line in server.properties like this : "online-mode=false". Correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe you might be running your server like that as well. If you are, then just change that value to true, if not... then i'm afraid i can't think of anything else.
After that, i joined my server and i didn't get disconnected anymore. Furthermore i went ahead and restarted the server but in "Offline mode" again after the previously mentioned fix and it kept working just fine. Hope this helps!.

D

Danni293

I'll see if this works. If I come back it means it didn't.

D

Danni293

Ok... so this was not the problem... And now I'm having issues connecting on my home PC. Same error, timeout followed by a "A fatal error has occurred" message.