Solved FTB Revelation Massive Frame Drops after 1-2 minutes of starting

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

nfdm

Dec 3, 2020
I have been playing Feed The Beast Revelation (Version 3.3.0) for a little over a week now with no major problems. Today out of no where, my game will lose keep dropping in frames up until it hits 1 FPS. I have done a couple of things to troubleshoot including:
- Restarted the game - Did not fix
- Restarted my PC - Did not fix
- Opened vanilla Minecraft - No problem here, game ran fine.
- Changed my RAM allocation from 8GB to 4 and then 6GB - Some minor changes, ultimately led to frame stuttering
- Played other games (Overwatch and Rogue Company) - Again no problem here
- Played another world on FTB Revelations - Sort of inconclusive, not much frame drops but some stuttering.

Here are my PC specs:
Intel Core i5-8600k
16gb DDR4 3200mhz RAM
GTX 1070TI 6gb
Windows 10 Pro

I am using the base modpack, launched from curseforge, with no additional modpacks, shaderpacks or resourcepacks.

I am hoping someone will be able to help solve this problem, I assume it is with my world as the other worlds did not prove to be problematic. I have a basic Extreme Reactor's Reactor, some Tinker's Construct stuff, an ME System, some Industrial Foregoing stuff, some Xnet stuff, and some Ender IO machines. I only noticed the frame drops after I installed a /dank/null deposit thing that goes into my ME system, which I removed. (Still no fix even after removing.)

Thanks in advance guys

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Can you try and repair the pack?

Alternative - use the FTB app instead

nfdm

Dec 3, 2020
I repaired the pack and tried the FTB app and nothing happened. It is definitely on the world as I played another world for about 1 hour and it was fine.

nfdm

Dec 3, 2020
Alright so I found the problem, I had placed down 7 Stabilized Mob Spawners from Draconic Evolution right beside each other in a small area (The mobs in the spawners were 1x Spider, 2x Swarm Spider, and 4x Hedge Spiders) I removed the 2 Swarm Spider spawners and 4 Hedge Spider spawners and the fps drops stopped. Apparently having multiple Draconic Evolution Spawners near each other makes the game lose FPS? I am not sure if it was the draconic spawners or the fact that 6 of them had modded mobs in the spawners, I will do some tests in creative to see. Thank you for your help though, and fair warning, do not put a lot of spawners together.

Reactions: grandrolf