FTB Ore processing list

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Crouchingmoose

Jul 29, 2019
I'm setting up the auto processing part of my sorting system amd im having trouble determining how best to process each ore and was hoping for some help.

What is a list of ore blocks to be found and how best to process them to the desired products they provide. I know theones like iron gold copper and tin, but what about rubies, right now they are being pulverized into dust and can be compressed to full rubies but i feel like this is complicated.

Can someone who knows FtB much better than I help out with all the different ores and what the final product i should get from the should be? (How best to reach the final product would also be nice)

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a huge fan of the Pluzerizer -> Induction smelter for any ore that has a chance for rich slag. Then again I am not to deep into my knoweldge of FTB and have been side tracked by Bees at the moment.

Stanekk

Jul 29, 2019
This should help a lot with routing stuff properly. You can simply throw any ores into the pulverizer and get them cooked up.

But before you do that you should get 2-3 seperate lines going with RP2. As you mentioned, all the gem-like stuff and dusts don't have to go into the autoprpcessing line. That can be easily done with a sorting machine. The rest should go into the pulverizers. Everything that is output in the primary slot can just be dumped into a adjacent Powered Furnace. Anything in the Secondary output could go somewhere else, depens on what it is, gravel could g.e be routed back in the pulverizer to get crushed into flint, or just be stored for building streets or so. Or you route it into a rock crusher to get a 0,01% chance of getting a diamond.
As you see there are almost limitless possibilities to set up your sorting and processing system.

But in general your:
Copper, Tin, Iron, Gold, Lead, Silver and correct me if i forgot anything, should go into the pulverizer and aluminium should go the Powered furnace.

For dumping several ores at once i suggest you to use relays instead of hoppers. Just a personal favorite =)
Hope that did help a little =)

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
If you have gregtech installed, it is best to use an industrial grinder for most things. You get the normal double ore yields, plus small amounts of bonus materials. The bonus material from the grinder isn't a percentage. For every 4 tiny piles of dust, you get a regular dust pile. If you don't have an industrial grinder yet, use a pulverizer. It is the next best due to the bonus outputs. If you need extra lead, use factorization to process the silver ore. For each silver ore, you also get a lead ingot in addition to the silver. There aren't a lot of uses for lead outside of factorization, so you probably won't need the bonus lead output.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
For me its more like Common ores -> Induction smelter + Sand and Uncommon ores Pulverizer -> Iduction Smelter + Rich slag.

Fairly easy to do out the gate. I do plan to migrate to the IC stuff but for now that nets 200% or 300% yeild for me.

Strubinator

Jul 29, 2019
The industrial grinder can get 300% output from some ores, plus a few extras, when you use a catalyst like mercury or water. Mercury isnt too hard to get a hold of, and using water can still get you some good bonus dusts.